VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love most everything on my new 2017 Dune but hate the seat controls. What a pain every time the old lady climbs out of the car I have almost climb in the car to get the seat pushed back to get in. What's even worse is trying to recline the seat, what happened to a simple lever to lean the seat back, it takes 5 minutes of painful twisting on that know to move the seat to a napping position.

Gee i feel pretty lucky only having this to cry about!

Regards Mike

·
Registered
145 Posts
I love most everything on my new 2017 Dune but hate the seat controls. What a pain every time the old lady climbs out of the car I have almost climb in the car to get the seat pushed back to get in. What's even worse is trying to recline the seat, what happened to a simple lever to lean the seat back, it takes 5 minutes of painful twisting on that know to move the seat to a napping position.

Gee i feel pretty lucky only having this to cry about!

Regards Mike

Nice looking ride! I wonder if you could pull the driver seat out of a wrecked Audi, and wire it up to take advantage of the electrical controls.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Nice looking ride! I wonder if you could pull the driver seat out of a wrecked Audi, and wire it up to take advantage of the electrical controls.
In your signature you have a Dasaita V600 Radio? How is that? Any pics? Where did you get it! I have looked for one for my beetle for the longest time and can't find one!

·
Registered
145 Posts
In your signature you have a Dasaita V600 Radio? How is that? Any pics? Where did you get it! I have looked for one for my beetle for the longest time and can't find one!
I do. The Dasaita V600 is an excellent Android radio, especially if you have Dynaudio or Fender Audio in your Beetle, since it works seamlessly with those. (It's one of the few that does.) It's honestly been a really good unit, with a few difficulties. (My panel buttons crapped out already. They are sending me a new board.) I've only had it a few weeks, but plan to write a full review of it soon.

I purchased mine through the Dasaita store on Aliexpress. Shipped quickly, and was packed very well. The store has been very responsive to questions as well. All told, a very good experience there.

Initial impressions of the headunit are that it's probably overkill for most users, considering the price paid (Typically $100 more than similar radios from other vendors.). If you don't have Fender/Dynaudio, I fully recommend the Umecity 0011 unit. In most of the things I wanted to do with my radio, the Umecity "just worked". With that, and it's price point, I would have kept it but for the lack of Fender support.

9" HeadunitsDasaita V600Umecity 0011Joying SOFIAOwnice C500
Front Panel ButtonsYesYesNoNo 9", 8" only
Fender/Dynaudio SupportYesNoNoMaybe
Full Android w/Play StoreYesYesYesYes
Upgraded Amp/Radio ChipsYesYesNoNo
Backup Cam on bootYesYesYes8CPU Only
Boot time5 seconds30 seconds5 seconds30 seconds
Current Retail Price$350$244$270$329

1 - 4 of 4 Posts