VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my car for a year and a half, and it has been hit on 5 seperate occasions, with me actually being in it once. All the other times, my car has been parked and turned off. I just found a spot on my rear where the part right below my signal cluster that has been dented in, there are scrapes on my bumper, and scrapes on my rear spoiler. I now no longer care about my car, as I am sick of getting so upset when people f*ck it up. On top of it all, I now only have collision coverage, and I can't claim s*it when people hit my car nad then drive off. People are f*cking douchebags

·
Registered
22,389 Posts
Re: I hate people... (volks98jetta2.0)

I know how you feel. Got my car egged last year which f'ed my paint then all the door dings and bumper scratches. Then my mom's 2001 Golf was hit repeatidly on the roof around the sunroof and near the back left door and the A pillar part of the front right door. A car with 11k miles is all f'ed up. I hate careless f'ing people...just because they dont care about they're cars nor anyone elses which means it doesnt give them the right to do that ish! Sorry...this topic just gets me pissed. Oh and I forgot to mention someone broke a bear bottle over my dads hood/fender on his Passat after 2 months of owning the car.

·
Registered
6,450 Posts
happened to me 3 times, can't stand those people who dont care about other people's properties. Let me tell you a story. A few years back, me and my mom were going somewhere, can't remember where. We were in her car( this is when i was like 13 or 14) A lady opened her door while we were just about to get out. The lady opened it so hard into my moms driver's side door. My mom got out and started talking to the lady. Being very upset my mom started yelling. The lady said, here in America, you better get used to it. We were like wtf. So when the lady left, we kicked in all four of her doors. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif A hate them people.

·
Registered
11,705 Posts
Re: (vr6chris)

Quote, originally posted by vr6chris »
happened to me 3 times, can't stand those people who dont care about other people's properties. Let me tell you a story. A few years back, me and my mom were going somewhere, can't remember where. We were in her car( this is when i was like 13 or 14) A lady opened her door while we were just about to get out. The lady opened it so hard into my moms driver's side door. My mom got out and started talking to the lady. Being very upset my mom started yelling. The lady said, here in America, you better get used to it. We were like wtf. So when the lady left, we kicked in all four of her doors. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif A hate them people.

http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif to that solution..."Oh, I thought you ment it's what you're supposed to do when you meet new people in America...my bad"

·
Registered
6,450 Posts
see the thing is, im american, so its not like am not used to everything in the us. I have lived in tennesse for 2 years than came here and lived here for my whole life. Thats why i was wondering, if she thought we were foreign or something.

·
Registered
4,952 Posts
Re: (vr6chris)

I parked underground in the government center last week...right next to a red vw cabriolet.I saw the cabby had a 'scrunchie' hanging from the rearview mirror and for a moment I thought,"hmmm woman driver huh! I'd better move my car
".She was parked between me and one of those stone support pillars for the building but I figured it was inconceivable for one vw to tap another.
Upon entering the parking lot and getting closer to my car I notice that there is an empty spot where the red cabby was which gave me a full view of the 'red stripe' left on my driver's door http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

Modified by vw valance at 8:36 PM 6-29-2003

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Re: I hate people... (stl4310)

Quote, originally posted by stl4310 »
I've had my car for a year and a half, and it has been hit on 5 seperate occasions, with me actually being in it once. All the other times, my car has been parked and turned off. I just found a spot on my rear where the part right below my signal cluster that has been dented in, there are scrapes on my bumper, and scrapes on my rear spoiler. I now no longer care about my car, as I am sick of getting so upset when people f*ck it up. On top of it all, I now only have collision coverage, and I can't claim s*it when people hit my car nad then drive off. People are f*cking douchebags

What kills me is that you KNOW that your car is a target for stupid/drunk tampon suckers but yet you still don't have full coverage? I say its your own damn fault, will this sixth time be enough for you to relize full coverage IS worth it

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
The only time I have had a parked car get hit was when drunk driver plowed through my driveway (hit the Blazer, knocking it into an MX6, and an Accord, not a fun night)... Luckily it was before I got my GTI.

4,190 Posts
Re: I hate people... (MunKyBoy)

probably not, rather than remedy the problem, lets blame our inabilities to fix the body damage on our cars on someone else,
it's more fun that way. Im blaming europe for any dents i have, and im submitting a claim to europe for said damges, anyone know their address or a phone number...

·
Registered
421 Posts
Re: (vw valance)

Quote, originally posted by vw valance »
I parked underground in the government center last week...right next to a red vw cabriolet.I saw the cabby had a 'scrunchie' hanging from the rearview mirror and for a moment I thought,"hmmm woman driver huh! I'd better move my car
".She was parked between me and one of those stone support pillars for the building but I figured it was inconceivable for one vw to tap another.
Upon entering the parking lot and getting closer to my car I notice that there is an empty spot where the red cabby was which gave me a full view of the 'red stripe' left on my driver's door http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

Modified by vw valance at 8:36 PM 6-29-2003

same freaking thing happened to me while i was parked in my college lot w/cameras. they said they could do nothing so now i have a nice white stripe on the side.

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
Re: I hate people... (dub_addict)

Quote, originally posted by dub_addict »
probably not, rather than remedy the problem, lets blame our inabilities to fix the body damage on our cars on someone else,
it's more fun that way. Im blaming europe for any dents i have, and im submitting a claim to europe for said damges, anyone know their address or a phone number...

Hahahaha, too funny http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
I think you have to dial 1011 first tho...

·
Registered
11,370 Posts
Re: I hate people... (snohobo)

some fockers spray painted my moms is300 in our driveway last year! They tagged the whole car red and yellow (black car) for no reason at all! My car and the m3 was left untouched, but why the hell would they feel the need to do that. It wasnt a personal grudge or anything, just little friggin punks that need to be beat over the head with a sledgehammer

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Re: I hate people... (snohobo)

This is my solution to the problem, ANYTIME I go out (mall, groceries, ect.) I ALWAYS park next to a curb. Not just next to the curb, but so that my tires are within a couple of inches from the curb. And if that is not possible, I park in the middle of nowhere in the parking lot, away from ALL the cars. The result is not a single ding for the last 3 years. When I cruise with friends in the car they think I'm obsessive about my car, that's a good thing...

Modified by Manic_VR at 10:27 PM 6-29-2003

·
Registered
305 Posts
Re: I hate people... (Manic_VR)

i know how you feel man, well... kinda. my car got hit while parked on my street. i must live on one of the quietest streets in the country and of course the biggest f*cking truck around had to hit it. thank god my mom cought the guy before he ran off. he'll be paying for everything, including a rental possibly. i was super pissed to come home and see my brand new smoked vento e-codes in a million pieces on the street. but just try not to worry about it, it's just a car. good luck

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Re: I hate people... (PFA)

I know how you feel man. When I got my Mk2 GTi last year, I had it for 11 days before this dumb girl ran into me. She put this big dent in the driverside door and busted off the side molding. I hadn't even driven for three days before that because of a bad engine mount!. I was mad....and still am, and I don't even have the car anymore. But yeah, agreed. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

Modified by dub_tek at 1:33 AM 6-30-2003

1 - 20 of 37 Posts