VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone broke into my family businesses work vehicle. Its a buick regal. We usually leave it at the office because we thought it was safe there... apparently not. Luckily they didnt know what they were doing. They busted up the ignitiion, ripped the front of the dashboard off, broke the cup holder, cut wires underneath, destroyed the lock on the trunk and keyed the paint when they couldnt get into it. Now we have to go through insurance and deal with all of that stuff. It really sucks.
now we have to pay at least $500 for the deductable. They must have been really stupid theives... there was a trunk pop button in the glovebox and they didnt take anything... not even the ez pass.

I doubt anyone will have any info but if they do please let me know
I really hate people sometimes

· Registered
35,263 Posts
Re: I hate theives!!! (CDub87)

Not really car-related, but I encountered some theives the other night - I think. 9:00PM these guys knock on my door, claiming to be from a security system company, looking to sell me an upgrade to my security system. Of course, this involved many pointed questions about my existing security system!
It was almost comical. If I hadn't had a couple of drinks already that evening I would have chased them down and snapped some pictures of them. What I did do (once I did not find their 'company' in the phone book or via the web) was write down every detail I could think of, and made a police report the following day.

· Registered
5,920 Posts
Re: I hate theives!!! (Arsigi)

Quote, originally posted by Arsigi »
Not really car-related, but I encountered some theives the other night - I think. 9:00PM these guys knock on my door, claiming to be from a security system company, looking to sell me an upgrade to my security system. Of course, this involved many pointed questions about my existing security system!
It was almost comical. If I hadn't had a couple of drinks already that evening I would have chased them down and snapped some pictures of them. What I did do (once I did not find their 'company' in the phone book or via the web) was write down every detail I could think of, and made a police report the following day.

I would have said that my security system was uber advanced for when I'm not home and I have over a dozen handguns and assault rifles for when I am home.

· Registered
35,263 Posts
Re: I hate theives!!! (HNT GLI)

Quote, originally posted by HNT GLI »
I would have said that my security system was uber advanced for when I'm not home and I have over a dozen handguns and assault rifles for when I am home.

Funny you should say that - I wasn't quite that specific about it, but I made some insinuations along those very lines.

· Registered
3,073 Posts
Re: I hate theives!!! (CDub87)

Quote, originally posted by CDub87 »
must have been really stupid theives...

Quote, originally posted by G20t »
I have no tolerance for theives, they should all be shot.

Quote, originally posted by Arsigi »
Not really car-related, but I encountered some theives the other night - I think.

Forgive me for being a spelling nazi, but when three people all make coherent posts and yet all spell the subject word incorrectly, it must be pointed out.
"I" before "E", except after "C" folks. ie thieves

· Registered
35,263 Posts
Re: I hate theives!!! (passaturge)

Quote, originally posted by passaturge »
"I" before "E", except after "C" folks. ie thieves

LOL - you caught me.
But, you forgot the rest of the rule....

· Registered
11,798 Posts
Re: (HNT GLI)

Two teenage kids were confronted by an owner last night when trying to break into his vehicle. The owner chased down the kids and when one got violent with him the owner stabbed one of them who ended up dying in a hospital later last night. The owner hasn't had any charges pressed against him yet as it was apparently self defense.
http://www.azcentral.com/news/....html

damn

· Registered
400 Posts
Re: (HNT GLI)

Two teenage kids were confronted by an owner last night when trying to break into his vehicle. The owner chased down the kids and when one got violent with him the owner stabbed one of them who ended up dying in a hospital later last night. The owner hasn't had any charges pressed against him yet as it was apparently self defense.
http://www.azcentral.com/news/....html

That is frickin hilarious. To bad all attempted robberies dont end like that. The only down side is he did not stab the other bastard.

· Registered
5,920 Posts
I was happy to see the criminal get stabbed. Even though he was a kid, he is breaking into cars at this age and it will only get worse from there on out. He does not need to contribute to the genepool considering he can't properly contribute to society. Given the opportunity, I would have done the same thing. Call me a heartless assh*le but nothing pisses me off more than somebody f**king with your property.

· Banned
35,560 Posts
Re: (CDub87)

Quote, originally posted by CDub87 »
and if you did shoot them you would be the one in trouble... it sucks

Read about Florida's "Stand Your Ground" Law.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.