VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got back from going to get something to eat. Well when I was leaving the parking lot a salt truck pulled right next to me at the red light and started to look at my car. OK no big deal its nice but then the imbred started shooting salt at my car then pulled way almost hitting a car. Man It sounded like sounded like someone was throwing stones at my car. When I got home I checked out to see any damage but didnt see any. Tomorrow I'll was my car to see if anything did happen. I AM SO TIRED OF THIS DAM WEATHER!
Thanks guys for letting me vent.

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Re: I hate Winter in PA (A3-wolf)

heh I feel your pain...I just spun my car on a back road. I turned into the corner as anybody would and all the sudden I went ass over tincup (ok, I was doing about 40 which is a wee bit gast for a 90 degree) like I was on ice...but I did not hit anything. I turn around and look...there had to be an inch of very light colored cinders all over the dry road in the corner..nowhere else on the road but the corner. Oh well, live and learn

·
Registered
350 Posts
Re: I hate Winter in PA (Odiejlg)

salt trucks suck....and so do the big rigs on the NJ TP...i have so many chips in my grill and hood from daily driving up it, pisses me off... http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

·
Registered
157 Posts
My town is too cheap to use salt.. or sand for that matter.. wait a minute, come to think of it they ran out of money, now all they do is let it snow.. and run the sand trucks once every blue moon..
sure is nice for donuts tho..

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: I hate Winter in PA (A396gti8vturbo)

NP man I am moving to AZ in June so this is my last winter for my car and it seems like it is the hardest we have had in Pittsburgh for a long time. Thanks figures

·
Registered
842 Posts
Re: I hate Winter in PA (JettAttraction)

my gf's 1.8t just lost a windshield because of this, short story: dump truck hit pot hole, flung rock in the air. landed on her windshield

just a 2 more months

·
Registered
601 Posts
Re: I hate Winter in PA (VWhitey)

Michigan is the same way its been snowing here every day for the past month it seems like and today it finaly was clear and in the 20's so it was warm enough to wash the car.. Ill have to agree with you that salt trucks are rock throwing demons..

·
Registered
19,698 Posts
Re: I hate Winter in PA (VWhitey)

quote:[HR][/HR]my gf's 1.8t just lost a windshield because of this, short story: dump truck hit pot hole, flung rock in the air. landed on her windshield

just a 2 more months[HR][/HR]​
If you remember what company the dump truck was from, get them to pay for the windshield. A buddy of mine lost 3 windshields inside of 2 months to the same dumptruck on three different occasions. He had the bumper number so they paid for all three.
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
6,522 Posts

anyone remember the winter of 92/93 in pittsburgh? it snowed feet upon feet and good ol upper st. clair closed classes for almost the whole week, then I moved to Kansas in april...I miss the 3 river city at times....rock on PIT.

·
Registered
11,423 Posts

Man, I passed a salt truck that was spreading salt at 65mph.....Talk about making some terrible noises!!

I feel bad for my Mazda having to take such abuse in place of my VW.......

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Re: I hate Winter in PA (golfSPORT95)

I remember that. I got stuck at my job for 3 days. I was working as a lifeguard at the Embassy Suits Hotel then and I had to stay there. They closed the parkway remember.
I had an 81 rabbit convert. back then . When I did get to go home I was passing up jeeps with my little vw.

·
Registered
15,787 Posts

I hate to say it but if u have a beater....I love winter lol. I mean i miss driving my VR6 but man the coupe and I have some fun. Just ebraking around every turn coming into the neighborhood tonight was good for some great laughs. Pulled up to my house comin down the street last nite, EBRAKE n boom im pullin straight in the driveway no problemo

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.