VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My broken tranny is out. just realized a difference between the two trannies i have. First the stock DFQ:

now the 4k i have to replace it with:

The Bentley says this is the reverse sensor switch. Obviously i can't take the part off the DFQ and put it on the 4K, what am I looking at here? Please Help!!!! TIA
I picked up the 4k because it is built up with specific gear ratios in it. I already have the correct clutch disk for it. Please help!

·
Registered
827 Posts
Re: I have a big problem, do you know the answer? (GTi Giant)

just get a wiring diagram and find out what two wires in there you need for the reverse lights and splice them into your exhisting connector. If you can get the big fat connector that goes onto the 4K switch that will be better. more weather tight seal. if not just solder your wire right to the pins then load the connector up with silicone. the extra pins are for the upshift light I think.
DAN

·
Registered
6,683 Posts
Re: I have a big problem, do you know the answer? (xray_boy)

Quote, originally posted by xray_boy »
just get a wiring diagram and find out what two wires in there you need for the reverse lights and splice them into your exhisting connector. If you can get the big fat connector that goes onto the 4K switch that will be better. more weather tight seal. if not just solder your wire right to the pins then load the connector up with silicone. the extra pins are for the upshift light I think.
DAN
ditto, yep.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: I have a big problem, do you know the answer? (vwpat)

extra pins are for upshift *whew*
not having an earlier bentley around here was giving me a heartattack

thanks!!! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
404 Posts
Re: I have a big problem, do you know the answer? (GTi Giant)

looking at it just like on your pic, 1st pin on the right from south to north and 2nd pin on the left . you should by a new switch , most of the used ones i've come across didn't work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts