VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My check engine light came on and i hooked up the tool for it. it read i have a secondary air problem. This to my understanding means vacuum leaks and what not. Well my cousin who is a mechanic checked for leaks and broken clamps but found nothing wrong. I know the last resort or at least i think the last resort is a new auxilary air regulator. In conclusion my light has come back on and it really pisses me off and i dont have the money to take it to the stealership for them to fix it
. Does anyone have any other suggestions or a price for the auxilary air regulator. Thanks for you time and i hope someone can help me.

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
Re: I have a problem. Please give me input. (5ven3)

Search "secondary air pump"
It's an emission thing shoots air into the intake to lesson the emissions at start up (or 1st few minutes) when the car is running very rich....
Below or infront of your battery there is a relay for it which can go bad
there is also a 50A (big @ss) Fuse attached to this relay inspect clean, replace ...remove the relay shake it if it rattles =junk...
I believe the hose for the pump is up front ,,,
under the rad.. pump is expensive..? IIRC

* i had the CEL from a either dirt y50amp fuse or frayed wire to relay..
cant remember, tripped the light though~ Stuff was green wit corrosion, lots of sanding ..
g/l

Modified by Illuminated at 8:22 AM 5-21-2004

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: I have a problem. Please give me input. (5ven3)

I do have a k&n filterw with a drilled airbox. But i dont know what a vag-com is.
On another note where can i get some audi rims like on the red glx. Do you think i could pull them off with a cup kit or do you think they only look good on coilovers?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts