VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i have apr v.2 and a j-valve and was boosting like 18-20 psi no problem all day long. I just recently got a downpipe 3in with a test pipe and had it installed and took out the resonator. When i got the car it felt a lil stronger but not much then my other vw friends that night told me that my car was smoking alot and blowing out black smoke and running rich. So i let another friend drive it and he was like the car isnt that much faster it feels kinda the same. I was hitting 20-21 psi so the next day i went to the other local vw hang out and someone asked me if i wanted my car vagged and i said sure why not... i threw two codes 1. boost pressure exceeded 2. Cam timing retarded. I had the codes reset and the did a throttle body alignment with the vag-com and ever since then my car won't boost more then 16 psi even with a 3in downpipe and test pipe along wiht a j-valve.i dont' know what to do or waht to look for does anyone have any suggestions?????

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Re: I have a problem........... (SlvrGti18T)

its called soft limp.... happens w/ the j or h valves... put the stock one back in untill warmer weather..... and stop hitting your head dood

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Re: I have a problem........... (AkVdub)

yea...what he said...its soft limp
the cam timing retarded code might be the ECU pulling timing...i think...what octane are you running and with what program...make sure that you are using at least the same octane as the program you are running(i.e.-93 octane with 93 program)...if you are doing this then i would try and find some 94 or something higher and see if you still get that code...
also the black smoke could be from taking your cat-out
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: I have a problem........... (SpooledAWP)

well i did what u said put the stock valve on and the same thing happened only 16 psi. I put the car back in stock mode today with the stock n75 and i am goin to drive it like that then try putting it back in chipped mode. hopefully this works.

·
Banned
4,542 Posts
Re: I have a problem........... (1.8wolf)

Nope, Pop open your hood, turn the key until just before the engine starts, then listen to the ringing noise coming from your TB.
When that noise finishes, your TB is aligned.

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
Re: I have a problem........... (exS4)

Quote, originally posted by exS4 »
Nope, Pop open your hood, turn the key until just before the engine starts, then listen to the ringing noise coming from your TB.

Don't forget to jump out of your car and do the chicken dance

·
Registered
482 Posts
Re: I have a problem........... (Adam20v)

Actually, what I meant was, Do you have to get your Vag software registered b4 you can use it to do a TBA, or is that feature locked out of the free version?

·
Registered
4,883 Posts

Yeah ... I [email protected]#$%K a bearing in my KO3 after a awhile with a 3"TB and GIAC. If you find yourself boostin' only 5psi or so occasionally and then going back up, it may be the turbo goin' bad. Just a thought, but I guess time will tell.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Re: I have a problem........... (exS4)

Quote, originally posted by exS4 »

You'll get the same results by taking a sugar pill.

·
Registered
9,261 Posts
Re: I have a problem........... (lenswerks)

Quote, originally posted by lenswerks »

You'll get the same results by taking a sugar pill.

he's talking about resetting/aligning the throttle body to see if that helps... nothing placebo about that

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: I have a problem........... (Seanathan)

the car is till running like ****.......it has stock n75 on there b/c i broke the j-valve. It spikes like 18-19 rest to 16-17 but the car still feels slow like it isn't pulling even though it is boosting. I have no clue i think that the car is pulling timing but i have put 93 ocatane in it only. I dont' know what to do any other ideas?

·
Registered
1,470 Posts

Quote, originally posted by SlvrGti18T »
the car is till running like ****.......it has stock n75 on there b/c i broke the j-valve. It spikes like 18-19 rest to 16-17 but the car still feels slow like it isn't pulling even though it is boosting. I have no clue i think that the car is pulling timing but i have put 93 ocatane in it only. I dont' know what to do any other ideas?

Clutch

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: I have a problem........... (DimceMKIV)

they clutch is definately not slipping i know that feeling already. There is a stage 2 ecs tuning clutch with lightened flywheel in there.

·
Registered
4,883 Posts

Quote, originally posted by SlvrGti18T »

Try bypassing the N75 and running a MBC ...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts