VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i'm putting a 1.8 motor and a 5 speed in my rabbit. the 5 speed that i'm putting in it the code on the tranny is FF 12050 i was just wondering if anyone could tell me what kind of tranny it is.

Modified by crunk masta 08 at 9:36 PM 10-28-2006

·
Registered
4,843 Posts
Re: I have a Q (frankinstyn)

The FF is like a GC 4 speed with an extra gear. The first 4 gears are the same ratio as the GC. Have it in my cabby and it's a find setup. Moves the car along find with the 1.6
- Fab

·
Registered
953 Posts
Re: I have a Q (crunk masta 08)

FF is a diesel transmission, with a tall final drive and fifth gear. It will let you cruise nice and peacefully on the highway, using little gas. These are commonly installed, when they can be found, into early GTIs after the GTI owner has grown tired of hearing the engine scream loudly at any speed over 50 mph. The FF is not a performance gearbox.

·
Registered
14,819 Posts
Re: (fourdoordub)

Quote, originally posted by fourdoordub »
sorry this is ssooo off topic but what the hell is entiat wa?

it's a very small town of barely over 1000 people nestled in the eastern entiat valley, in the northern part of central washington http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: (fourdoordub)

LOL it's were i live, have u ever herd of chelan washington,ok if u no were that is ok u must no were wenatchee washington, well i live right in the middle as u are going to chelan u go right through Entiat lol a lot of people ask me that. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Re: I have a Q (Oilheat)

The FF tranny is not a diesel only transmission. My 81 gas pick up came with a FF tranny brand new.

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Re: I have a Q (GTIZRX)

Scirocco, cabriolet, rabbit, Jetta all came with the FF in it's various forms. IIRC the ones made after 1980/06 had the longer 5th gear. My 81 Scirocco had one. Walked all day at 160 km/hr on the Quebecobahn.
quiet too.

·
Registered
7,706 Posts
yeah i have an ff in my car, it's great for the turbo diesel cause since i have such a short rev range the long gears really help to get you going, the only thing bad is that it has no lsd, talk about one wheel tire fires. well you can get them both spinning if you got skill haha.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: (Trev0rBr)

lol i no how that one is. me and dustgti had a lil rain race last night on this back road that we have. let's just say when u miss secend gear that when u drop the hammer lol.
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif i won the first one but he got a good jump on the secend race, secend gear burn outs are sweet in the rain. but not when ur starting to torque stear in to some one that's justa lil scary but it was fun gunna do it more often i'll have more pics of my car when i get back from my girlfriends Saturday KEEP IT CRUNK

Modified by crunk masta 08 at 12:09 AM 11-17-2006

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
update: had a lot of fun driving the bunny.BUT!! "( got up to my girlfriends house my car started liking even more oil. i got under the car and found that the oil pane bolt weren't very Taite. so i got them done it helped a lil and then found that my heater howe's was broke so i drove about 20 miles very easy. well then it turned just a lil worse i had to leave my car over night in a lil town and go back to my girlfriends house and go back the next morning.
got a heater Howe's and that help a lot. then i was half way home and was listening to the motor and the lifters were making noise's got home just in time to find that it has no oil on the dip stick. so i'm gunna have to try and fix my oil pane or get a new one have more updates laterzzz KEEP IT CRUNK

Modified by crunk masta 08 at 1:08 PM 11-19-2006

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
UPDATE: the 79 is still sitting in front of my house i havent had time to do anthing to it.
but i'm hoping to have sometime soon to do it i want to play in the snow with it .i think i may have to get a new oil pane or try and fix it not sure yet more updates laterzzzzz keep it crunk

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: (crunk masta 08)

UPDATE: the bunny is still out in front of the house. been at my girfriends house for a week. i get my paycheck monday hope i can get a oil pane gasket and do somthin with the oil pane. i REALLY>REALLY want to play in the snow lol. more updates laterzzzzzzz KeEp It CrUnK!!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.