VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i recently bought one of these intakes never had a itg filter before i know how to clean kn filters easy wondering if i should switch or leave the itg , the itg needs to be cleaned soon and i hear pieces of foam can go into the engine and i know kn oil messes up mafs any advice is appreciated

·
Registered
6,982 Posts
Re: (2002_Turbo)

Quote, originally posted by 2002_Turbo »
my mama told me never to talk to strangers

nice

as for the filter get a K&N from ebay for around 22.00 then clean it as you said you know how. just to clarify your only talking about the filter right? not the whole CAI becaus ethere is nothing wrong with the eurosport CAI just the filter on it.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: (clanton1.8T)

yes iam talking about the filter only and on the kn do i get the same size as the itg or bigger not sure on performance difference from a 5 inch filter surface to 6 i believe the itg is 5 inch surface any one else know or comments

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Re: I have Eurosport cai switch to K&N ??? (99VR6GTI)

yea just grab a k&n filter off ebay like ^ he said and youll be all set.
BTW, I like your wheels. Your car is http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
Re: I have Eurosport cai switch to K&N ??? (Ripnuts)

a bigger filter will take in more air, so there would be a small gain on the 6"over the 5", but nothing noticable... it will also be a little louder than before.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: I have Eurosport cai switch to K&N ??? (VDUBRACER187)

Quote, originally posted by VDUBRACER187 »
a bigger filter will take in more air, so there would be a small gain on the 6"over the 5", but nothing noticable... it will also be a little louder than before.

thanks for the help im going in between with 5.5 inch filter ru-4990
from kn

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.