VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently had a cel light problem, and I assumed I had an obd 1 due to the lable under my hood stating it was, the egr valve and the fact that it is an 04/95 car, and i bought a chip for an obd 1 car and installed it and the car works fine. So im driving around looking for a place that can scan my car... needless to say nobody around here said they could. Come to find out my car has an obd 2 scan port, and further more an obd2 scanner pulled the codes. so now im confused mainly i want to know if i have forged internals and duel valve springs is there any easy way to check for that???
The Great American Novel

· Premium Member
9,768 Posts
Re: i have on obd 1.5 (radcon05)

the car would be OBD I if manufacture date is 4/95.

· Registered
3,367 Posts
Re: i have on obd 1.5 (radcon05)

late 94 and all 95 cars have an obd 2 type scan port. some scanners should be able to read them, but they can't go in and mess with real-time monitering or engine block meaurements like an obd 2 can. you should have dual valve springs and forged internals, the change over was jan. 96 and many early 96 cars continued to get some combination of Obd 1 parts in the engines.

· Registered
2,668 Posts
Re: i have on obd 1.5 (all-starr-me)

Quote, originally posted by all-starr-me »
many early 96 cars continued to get some combination of Obd 1 parts in the engines.

Yeah, my car was made 10/95 and it was obd2 with forged internals and german obd1 head.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.