VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Re: I have some problems with my stock CD Changer (VW_Nomolos)

scratched cd!!!
or else the CD-R your burned copy on is. not up to par..
i only buy SHI77Y cd-rs and after a while they do go bye bye.. but its the price i pay i guess..

·
Registered
187 Posts

I have had this problem too...and if I just change the CD and then go back to that one, it is fine. All my CD's are clean and not CD-R's...but I have not got it fixed

·
Registered
7 Posts

This happened to me. Here's my story:
I originally didn't get the CD changer when I bought the car new, but I had the dealer install the stock changer when I returned for my 5K service. Shortly thereafter, the problem started with the skipping and hesitating on all types of CDs (unscratched, scratched, store-bought, homemade CD-Rs, you name it). It was mostly an intermittent problem, but it got worse as time went on.
I brought it back to the dealer and complained, and they replaced it pretty much without question. Unfortunately, the problem soon returned (and yes, I did actually watch the guy install a new changer). This time, however, it worked fine when I brought it back to the dealer...so they refused to swap it out again, even though it was still under warranty!!
I was miffed, so I went to another dealer. I explained how the other dealer had swapped it out once, then refused to fix my intermittent (but infuriating) problem. I asked if it could be swapped out again, since it was, after all, under warranty. The new dealer did it no problem. Since that day (now about three years ago), I have not had a single problem with it.
My conclusion, then, is this: either it took three tries to get a good changer, or the tech at the old dealer was doing something wrong (the same tech installed it the first two times).
Either way, I wasn't going to take no for an answer, as I had a short window of warranty coverage (it only had a 12Mo/12K parts warranty, since I had it installed after delivery...).
Brian

·
Registered
553 Posts

I believe there's a Horizontal/Vertical adjustment, with increments in between, on the unit. It is to be adjusted to match how the player is installed. It stands vertically in the NB, but is Horizontal in the Golf. You might look for that adjustment, and make sure it is in the correct position. Mine has never skipped, so I haven't done this, but its worth a try.
John

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.