411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i finally did it.
RT- .558
60 FT - 2.36
1/4 ET - 13.92
1/4 MPH - 106.4
my mods are fmic, 3" dp, custom dual exit exhaust, GIAC 1.1, and nos
considering the air temp was about 75 degress and on stock tires........not too bad

·
Registered
7,725 Posts
Re: i hit 13's!!!!!!!! (1gti2nv)

how big a shot of nitrous are you running? what brand kit is it? you should be able to hit mid-low 13s depending on how big a shot you are running. congrats man on entering the 13 second world

·
Registered
6,659 Posts
Re: i hit 13's!!!!!!!! (wolfsburg2)

Now all we have to do is enter the 13-second world ourselves. I'd like to see a 13-second timeslip before I return the car to PES...I'd want to hit it without NOS though...

·
Registered
7,725 Posts
Re: i hit 13's!!!!!!!! (Overboost)

quote:[HR][/HR]nos http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif [HR][/HR]​
you sir are a hater. if you don't like nitrous why insult someone who uses it?

·
Registered
6,968 Posts

Congrats, man! I'm personally not a NOS user and whatnot, but just the fact that we've got more VW 1.8T's in 13's makes me a HAPPY man... so, a little applause and congrats for you.... cheers!
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
266 Posts

by looking at your times I can tell that the problem is the launch either its not a good launch pad or the launch needs to be perfected because your trap speed was verry high for your time just imagine what you could do if you used some good slicks.

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
Re: i hit 13's!!!!!!!! (George Bush)

nice times, but even more impressive without nitrous. I've seen hyundai elantras run 13's with nitrous.

·
Registered
91 Posts

106.4 is a pretty good mph http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif How much nitrous?

·
Registered
1,871 Posts

Nice, good job, Now can we please see some pics on your exhaust? Please, please, Please.....

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Re: i hit 13's!!!!!!!! (itg2001)

nos=cheating....hmmm, lemme press this lil red button and get 50 horsepower on tap....

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: i hit 13's!!!!!!!! (JETTA420)

thanks guys. yeah my launch needs to be worked on, but im considering using a set of drag radials. anyways im using a 60 shot at the end of 2nd gear......then 3rd and 4th. i will try to get pics up asap, i have no digital cam, so i need to go over my friends house. with that mph, i think i should be around 13.5-13.7 .
and to those who think nos is cheating......thats up to you, cause my theory is, if it makes you faster........do it. *REMEMBER WHAT MR. DIESEL SAID?* "winnings winning". i had to say it

·
Registered
266 Posts

Nos cheating
sure Hey I bet you if this guy were to race on the street and spray at the shift to 2nd he will pull really fast his time slip cant tell you how fast he is this is why he sprays at the end of second I bet ya with slicks and a perfect launch and a little beter use of that nos he could run a 12.999

·
Registered
11,846 Posts
Re: i hit 13's!!!!!!!! (George Bush)

Good time man!! Wish the VR would do it.........
For those who say nitrous is "cheating" how do you figure?? You paid for it, the person next to you has every chance to use it themselves. Its regognized as a power adder in all proffessional events, and unlike all you apparently insanely wealthy turbo upgrade people not everyone can afford to plunk down 4k on a turbo kit (5 for me) so nitrous is the answer to get the added HP you want.

·
Registered
13,488 Posts

Hey 1gti2nv, do you have any pics or info of your dual exit exhaust. I likey!

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: i hit 13's!!!!!!!! (rolymoly)

thanks for the support!!!!!!
my dual exits - yes i admit that i had a fart can bazooka exaust. since then i have changed it. the set up is like this. 3" DP to 3" hi flo cat to a "Y" pipe right below back seat to 2.5" pipes that come out right in front of the rear tires on each side. at the end of each pipe is 2.75" stainless tip. there is no muffler on my exhaust and while driving in town the sound is very tolerable and soft. but when you get on it, it sounds like a beast.......pics should be up as soon as my friend can take them..........oh yeah........it also bumped my mph up by 1.5 mph. it is similiar to the Cobra R exhaust or the lightning, but mines is on both sides

·
Registered
1,374 Posts

congrats on the times...i'm sure you're only just scratching the surface of it's true potential. your exhaust set up also sounds real dope brah, something i was thinking of before. try get some pics up soon.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts