VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was at downtown vancovuer , driving at a back road.... and suddently bam, i hit a speed bump, and when i start the engine again, it tells me to stop, so i parked somewhere, didn't know my oilpan was broken, so i bought tow liters of engine oil and add in there, but unfoutunatly, i realise that m y car is leaking oil......

so where comes the question... how much is an oil pan?? how long does it take to install?? and is there anyaftermarket ones that i can buy to avoid the same thing happen????

·
Registered
16,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: i hit my oil pan... i am running little 15s with H&R cup kit......!!!!! (silverGTIbullet)

quote:[HR][/HR]do a search i know 1552 is making a skid plate to help protect our oil pans. search for oil pans it will work[HR][/HR]​
hmmmmmmmm....... intersting...i would check on it....
but how is the skid work?????? is it bulletproof??

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
Re: i hit my oil pan... i am running little 15s with H&R cup kit......!!!!! (kyokoris)

don't have the dealership do it.. they'll charge you a lot of cash.. I guess it's easy to change.. and will save you a lot of $$$$

·
Registered
11,197 Posts
Re: i hit my oil pan... i am running little 15s with H&R cup kit(kyokoris) (EPilot)

hmm I have no idea how much t hey cost.. but when my brothers integra oil pan cracked... hmm my dad actually took a blow tourch and weld it back together..it doesnt look "modded" but worked fine after that
samc

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Re: i hit my oil pan... i am running little 15s with H&R cup kit

OUCH! Another oil pan has be sacrificed! I have the exact set up as you, H&R Cup and still running on 15s. I need to get an oil pan protector as people have noted. It's only $80 from 1552, I'd go for it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.