VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
2,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
O my F*in god
cars been dead all day
dad comes home says lets check the plugs with the lead and plug connected but not in the car to look for a spark
i said yea yea i did that and no spark really
well im holding the lead with the plug and dad turns the key nothing maybe a tiny spark
he turns the jetta off , on again and o my god flames of sparks of fire shooting at my hand and arm i was trying to hold on im yelling shiit turn it off it started in 3 cylinders but it ran then i dropped the plug and lead , reconnected it back up and it started fine and booted it to the mechanics to drop off..
o my god that was amazing voltage
my right arm is stil shaking

·
Banned
2,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: I just did a Tbird.. (VW-BMW)

my heart is kidna racing..
ugh
but only other time ive been shocked bad was i was plugging in some montior in the wall and it was a tight fit new socket or so and it was a big thick plug... well i pushed so ahrd my thumb went inside the backign kinda and touched the metal part as it was in the socket
i stil have a scar on my thumb

·
Registered
5,430 Posts
Re: I just did a Tbird.. (VW-BMW)

Tbird, posts like this are the reason I hope you never turn your back on VW.
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
7,011 Posts
Re: I just did a Tbird.. (Tbird Pimpistik)

Heh. I've done that. Dad says, "here hold this and check for spark while I crank it over" I get zapped and say, "yup, definate sparkage" then yell at him for zapping the hell out of me. no more!

·
Registered
4,010 Posts
Re: I just did a Tbird.. (Jetta2dr)

haha, that sounds like a classic dad thing to do....i cant begin to tell you all the things that have happened to me that started with a simple "hold this..." or "stick your hand in there to see if...." and the "im gonna need you to crawl under there and wiggle that for me..."

·
Registered
2021 Ford F-150, 2021 Ford Bronco, 2003 Porsche 911 C4S, 1982 VW Rabbit
7,307 Posts
Re: I just did a Tbird.. (bpfoley)

I'm sorry dude, but I'm crying laughing at that. I do hope you're OK though. When I was little, my dad was trying to fix our '83 Malibu (I was about 7 yrs old) and he had the lid off the aircleaner. Suddenly the car backfired and my dad went flying backwards. My grandpa told him NOT to do it...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.