VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12,273 Posts
Re: I just might take this over the SRT (WolfsburgTekniques)

Quote, originally posted by ebay ad »
The origanal sho stopper the spirit rt is a race inspired highbread

Uhh, hybrid?? I think I'd rather buy that car from an intelligent person

·
Registered
25,273 Posts
Re: I just might take this over the SRT (KC Jazz)

There was one fo them that ran a Supra at Import Wars at our track. Tooled all over the Supra.
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

G

·

Uh...
You do realize what you're getting into here, right? Those 16V heads are very weak, and when they crack, that's it--there are no replacement parts unless you commission one yourself to be machined. Most folks who have these cars either never drive them, or they swap in one of the earlier 2.2-L Turbos.
You should ask Dempsey (TurboMinivan) and Matt (mtrainvr6) for more information before you buy.

·
Banned
12,115 Posts
Re: I just might take this over the SRT (bgluckman)

More specifically, while the Spirit R/T (and Daytona R/T) were and are cool cars, and at the time the zenith of Chrysler turbos, the car is underdeveloped compared to the SOHC 8V Turbos. (I.e. the one in that Shelby Lancer).
The block is based on the 2.2 Turbo II, but the heads and all ancillary components were bespoke. ANd also now NS-1. In other words, if anything breaks (like the oil pump) or the head cracks (pratically guaranteed), you can't fix it. Its actually MORE expensive than a Taurus SHO to just to keep running.
The better choice is the Shelby Lancer, or anything with the regular Turbo I or Turbo II.

·
Registered
7,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: I just might take this over the SRT (mtrainVR6)

Haha, I'm only dreaming, fellas. I've always loved the Spirit R/T, but for now, could not afford the upkeep on a 'project' car.
Just thought the Spirit embodied the idea of a sleeper PERFECTLY. It's a shame the motor isn't more reliable.

·
Registered
4,054 Posts

Quote »
Terms of Sale
pay 500.00 within 3days of winning and the balance due at pick up with in 7 days If you are some young chrystler queer with no money don't bid because I want to sell and don't have time to play with no pay deals good luck bidding

Ha ha, Chrystler Queer.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts