VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
21,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How wide is this thing ?? The center armrest looks like the center divider on a H1 ......... well not really but I think it's the widest armrest I've ever seen.
Nice looking car particularly from the front.
Cool ad. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
3,872 Posts
Re: I just saw my first Phaeton commercial. (my 2.0 rocket)

Was it the commericial with the old bug? It looks like the old bug was driving circles around the phaeton.
For the cost of the Phaeton you could probably buy up all the beatles ever made.

· Registered
560 Posts
Re: I just saw my first Phaeton commercial. (rs4-380)

has any one seen the wierd comercial with the tests on colors and shapes and suff i dont know how to explain it its wierd though and its like 3 minutes long or atleast it seems like it i thought it was the begining of a show on discovery channel on mental illneses. anyone know wut im talking about?

Modified by 02_GTI_1.8T at 10:58 PM 1-10-2004

G

·
Re: I just saw my first Phaeton commercial. (02_GTI_1.8T)

This is a different ad, a sixty second spot, to be exact, and one I'm sure a lot of people saw, being as it was on the AFC semi-final game between the Patriots and the Titans.
Gotta say...VW's advertising for this car seems to be very much motivated towards selling more Passats and Jettas than selling any Phaetons. The ad starts by talking about the Beetle, then moves on to talk about the Phaeton's features (four-zone climate control, air suspension and AWD, to be specific). The theme of the ad is that VW brought a bunch of new thinking to the compact car segment 55 years ago, and they're bringing the same kind of new thinking to the luxury car segment.
The thing is, the ad never, ever mentions price. In an era where you've got Kia talking about its new "luxury" sedan, there's nothing really to suggest that the Phaeton's price is anywhere more than, say, $45K. Anyone who goes to the VW website to look at that car is going to be surprised.
I guess VW's thinking Phaeton sales are irrelevant, and that it's more important to get people to look at Passats by getting them to go to the site or into the showroom in the first place--something that's probably a pretty sound long-term strategy.

· Registered
22,765 Posts
Re: I just saw my first Phaeton commercial. (Merc-MarkO)

the best pics i have of the console...

i don't think the console is that wide, most luxury cars are going to have the same thing. the touareg is the same way too. it's raelly only slightly wider than the console in my golf, which is obviously expected.

· Registered
1,874 Posts
Re: I just saw my first Phaeton commercial. (02_GTI_1.8T)

Quote, originally posted by 02_GTI_1.8T »
has any one seen the wierd comercial with the tests on colors and shapes and suff i dont know how to explain it its wierd though and its like 3 minutes long or atleast it seems like it i thought it was the begining of a show on discovery channel on mental illneses. anyone know wut im talking about?

Modified by 02_GTI_1.8T at 10:58 PM 1-10-2004

Did it look like this, and have a high pitched sound, followed by some digital gurgling?

Modified by ogmius at 4:47 AM 1-11-2004

· Registered
1,897 Posts
Re: I just saw my first Phaeton commercial. (Merc-MarkO)

I just saw that commercial too. The one with the little ed RC Beetle driving while the voiceover speaks of how revolutionary the Beetle was. I found it very ironic that the Beetle comes to a stop right under the pheatons tire. In my mind the commercial ended maybe 5 seconds later with the pheaton driving right over the Beetle. An $80,000 VW. Bullsh*t. That is not a Volkswagen.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.