VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Golf R DSG
603 Posts
That's basically how I do it. I mean, I start with the wheels and tires first, and they get their own bucket with separate mitt, brush, etc.
I coated my wheels before I put them on. So now all I have to do it foam cannon them, agitate with dedicated brushes and pressure wash off. Even with the excessive dust the front pads spew.

·
Registered
11,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
VTE:

Car looks amazing! I always wanted to try a water cannon but I don't see how the foam wash will get the car clean! It obviously works though. Yeah, I've read up on it and I've been a Griot's customer for 26 years but I use a 5 gal. bucket, Britemax car wash and a silicone-free sponge. Britemax is the best car wash I've ever used! How many miles are on it? Looks garage-kept.
109k as of today. I'm certain it was garaged for it's while life.

·
Registered
11,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
I coated my wheels before I put them on. So now all I have to do it foam cannon them, agitate with dedicated brushes and pressure wash off. Even with the excessive dust the front pads spew.
I still need to refinish them before I coat the wheels, it's one of the last things I want to do before I sell. Maybe the brakes as well as they are about to the wear indicators.

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
I've been meaning to do this to my celica but I don't have a garage, so I don't think it's really possible. I'd end up having a bunch of leaves/pollen/etc set into the ceramic coating. I just wash and use the hybrid solutions spray on ceramic coating every couple months. I have a ryobi pressure washer with a foam cannon attachment, but it doesn't shoot foam anywhere near as good as the pictures in this thread...

Great job btw. Looks amazing. I feel like you don't see a lot of silver MK3's - looks really pretty.

Replace the orifice inside your foam gun if your pressure washer is electric. I have a Ryobi 2300psi 1.3gpm electric washer and this made all the world of difference in getting big foam.

·
Registered
11,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 · (Edited)
Oh snap, I was just perusing the Mazda website and it looks like my car at least has a VIN number. I'm going to see if they can give me an ETA, unless someone else ordered the exact same car, down to the $425 interior package.

Automotive parking light Wheel Car Tire Automotive lighting

·
Registered
4,773 Posts

Replace the orifice inside your foam gun if your pressure washer is electric. I have a Ryobi 2300psi 1.3gpm electric washer and this made all the world of difference in getting big foam.
I have a tiny Ryobi unit. It's only 1600 psi 1.2gpm. all bought brand new and its always been this way. I'll look into that and see though.
this is what I have:
and foam blaster:

Reactions: oidoglr
41 - 49 of 49 Posts