VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just replaced my clutch in my 2000 jetta glx, after getting everything from the tutorial done and back together Ive found that I have a random two prong connector that is hanging from a wiring harness in the middle front of the car between the radiator fans and the bellhousing near the starter. The wires to the connector are only about an inch and a half long and the connector itself is a black two prong female end that looks like a fat D shape. I cannot for the life of me figuire out where this would hook into, it wasnt pulled out of place by myself during the tranny removal, though it may have come accidentally undone. I dont remember if it was hanging free before hand or not. I cant find anything that doesnt work electrically on the car, but that doesnt necessarily mean that something isnt. Im hesitant to put all the plastic back on underneath and start driving around if its something important. As I said I know its a long shot but if anyone has any ideas please let me know. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Someone else with a MKIV should be able to help you, I think that the colors are enough for someone to ID it. Have you looked for a wiring diagram? They should be able to tell you based on the color of the wires.

Since I'm a MKIII whore only, I'm gonna ask a couple dumb questions... Do all lights work? Do your reverse lights work? Does your speedo read the speed at which you're traveling?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
All the lights work, everything seems to work. The speedo isnt reading at all right now due to a broken VSS that happened during the tranny removal, which I have on order. I havent been able to find a wiring diagram, and unfortunately Im color blind, but Ill have someone get under there with me and see what they say the colors of the wires are. Thanks for the help so far :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Okay, so I know you said it was the SAI pump connection, but is there any chance that it could have to do with the speed sensor? I bought and installed a new VSS this morning and still have no working speedometer or odometer. Would the speed sensor wire go up to the front of the engine bay by any chance? If it were the SAI pump wouldnt I be getting a CEL light telling me the SAI isnt working? Please help and once again thank you in advance for any help that you can give.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Okay, so I found what the electrical connection goes to, not sure what it is, but its a black cylinder which sits up near the top of the engine, unfortunately I got my new vss and when I put it in it still didnt work, come to find the actual connection is fouled one of the small plates on the positive seems to have gotten smashed and the connector wont go all the way on *sigh* anyone know where it may be best to procure a new connector, my local junkyards dont have any MK4 vr6's in them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.