VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
13,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many people do you know that pride themselves on, "liking cars," but are totally clueless? A girl I met last weekend said, "yeah, i'm into cars - that's my Mustang out there." Upon further inspection it was a V6 auto
. It gets worse. We took it out to dinner and on the freeway she got into the fast lane and just chilled @ 65
. I finally couldn't take it anymore as I slouched down, embarassed in the back seat and asked why she was in the left lane. She said, "because I like to drive fast."

So how many people like this do you know?

·
Registered
843 Posts
Re: "I like cars" (vduBen)

One of my friends is like that. Thinks her 94 Mazda 626 is just the pinnacle of automotive design and performance. When she first saw my GTO he said that the color was like that of a booger and wouldn't be caught dead in it. I refuse to drive her anywhere now.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts

I know this guy who's in love with his Honda and calls himself car god... He said he doesn't really like VWs cuz they're american cars...

·
Banned
5,543 Posts

i have a buncha friends who just aren't into cars at all, so i can't even talk with them. but when i try to they just stray away
(i need new friends)

·
Banned
1,151 Posts
Re: "I like cars" (11secBug)

hehehe......There's a law here that's up for passage. It states that if you are in the left lane and impeding traffic for more than two miles...YOU WILL BE TICKETED. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
Out of my way grandma!!! Anyways......probably won't do much good; it's the freaking moron's driving 20 mph faster than normal traffic that cause the problems.

Just my thoughts,
Rich

·
Registered
4,679 Posts

Quote, originally posted by 11secBug »
I know this guy who's in love with his Honda and calls himself car god... He said he doesn't really like VWs cuz they're american cars...

WOW...just WOW, I know someone who told me that the "R!CE boys" near him all have "V-10's" in their civics...he then told me all Chevy S-10 ZR2's all have V-8's...

other than that I have friends who have interest in car like myself but none of u are near "god like" by any respect
and they all post here too so thats gotta make us stupider as well

Modified by MoochsMalibu at 12:00 AM 2-17-2004

·
Registered
2,194 Posts

Quote, originally posted by 11secBug »

He's stuck in 1984! Unless he knows that many US cars are Hecho en Mexico, and he's drawing conclusions...
Anyway, don't these people still like cars even if they don't hang around places like this and learn a whole lot about them? Seriously. You can like cars and drive a V6 auto Mustang. Those aren't my cup of tea, so I don't quite understand it either, but I also don't see the circumstances in opposition. I think there are quite a few of us on the Vortex who drive cars that others would never suspect belong to someone who "likes cars."

·
Registered
5,071 Posts

Quote, originally posted by vduBen »
...Upon further inspection it was a V6 auto

Just cause someone owns a ford ****box doesn't mean they dont like cars. Just a comment.

·
Banned
13,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: "I like cars" (obvious510)

Quote, originally posted by obvious510 »
Just cause someone owns a ford ****box doesn't mean they dont like cars. Just a comment.

Of course they can like cars, but they aren't "into" cars...I think there's a difference.

·
Registered
5,071 Posts

That's ignorant. Even after I pointed out your ignorance...you defended it. I drove a corolla, but loved cars, becasue I couldn't afford anything else, and sorry, things like rent and tuition took precidence.

·
Registered
41,822 Posts

Of course they can like cars, but they aren't "into" cars...I think there's a difference.

I dunno. I've met plenty of car guys that look at me, see I drive a 130hp station wagon, and assume I'm blowing smoke when I say I'm a car guy too.
But, I know all too many of these sort of people that like cars but don't bother to learn. You just have to smile and nod and dodge the subject whenever possible.

·
Registered
3,864 Posts

now your stereotyping.. I drive a slush box.. and I dream cars.. literally, Because of financially obligations is why I don't drive the S4 I want. because someone doesn't drive and Enzo, or any fast car for that matter, does that mean they are not into cars?

·
Banned
13,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: "I like cars" (RQtechVR6)

Sorry - i'm an ignorant, stereotyping bastard. When someone says they are "into cars," but doesn't know what engine her own car has or what a Mustang Cobra is, I tend to stereotype.

Modified by vduBen at 9:38 PM 2-16-2004

·
Registered
1,257 Posts

Sorry - i'm an ignorant, stereotyping bastard. When someone says they are "into cars," but doesn't know what engine her own car has or what a Mustang Cobra is, I tend to stereotype.

Modified by vduBen at 9:38 PM 2-16-2004

HAahahahah!! Is she hot? maybe she just needs some education.... At least she got a RWD V6 coupe instead of another lame fwd 4cyl auto. Teach her how to do brake stands and take her to an autocross so she can learn how to drive it. Those things are suprisingly peppy and fun to toss around the cones.

Modified by rcr_x at 9:43 PM 2-16-2004

1 - 14 of 14 Posts