VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I do a lot of biking and driving around in my area of Chicago. I ought to bike with my regular camera instead of my crappy cell phone.

Anyway, here's some I snapped in the past month alone:

1st Gen Ford Falcon:

BMW 2002 in Inca Orange. No interior except for driver's seat and wheel:

Karmann Ghia, and it's the 3rd DD Karman Ghia I've seen in my area...

Rabbit Caddy

MK1 Scirocco parked in a not-so-savory part of the 'hood...

Pristine Citation

De regur

Bug

Another bug; in a better area:

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
I do a lot of biking and driving around in my area of Chicago. I ought to bike with my regular camera instead of my crappy cell phone.

Anyway, here's some I snapped in the past month alone:

1st Gen Ford Falcon:
This car's parked near Logan/Palmer Square on Sacramento... I drive past it every day and actually think to myself "I want to save this car from that stupid fkn hipster."

·
Banned
7,047 Posts

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
This car's parked near Logan/Palmer Square on Sacramento... I drive past it every day and actually think to myself "I want to save this car from that stupid fkn hipster."
Yes it is.

There's a few more American cars from the '60's used as DDs in Rogers Park. I feel the same when I pass them on Kennmore and Winthrop avenues...

·
Registered
876 Posts
To the following two users (Maggiolone & Kid Hobo) plus any other one who share the Sacramento Blvd, I am sorry if i ever tossed my car at you, driving like a nut bag etc etc... It's a 1.8T nVaLse, can't help it. I'm sure plenty of Sacramento commuters hate me, i just want to get home.

But seriously, I see these cars EVERYDAY driving to & from. There's also a Red rag top bug for sale by Sacramento and Augusta. if any one is interested.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
you do not live in a hipster neighborhood, sir, you live next to the vwvortex.

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
wouldn't that plant you firmly in hipster status yourself?
I'd need either a enormously expensive professional digital camera, or an enormous analog film camera to attain hipster status.

Most of them in the area do ride fixies, but there's a lot of hipster motorists, too. Most park on the street in front of their $800-per-month studio apartments.

I wasn't able to get a shot last night of a bearded hipster driving a early-60's, ratty Dodge pickup in the same area.

·
Registered
3,279 Posts
I live next to a large hipster neighborhood and they don't have cars. Just fixies, maybe a motorcycle from the 70s and bus tokens.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Have you seen a old green rust bucket beater running around our area too? cant remember model/make of said car. The kid takes that car to my local mechanic and I swear to god that if he hits a pot hole just hard enough the whole green car will collapse into itself.

Last year I had my car at the mechanic one time and that green one was there, hood open. I was checking it out but there was SOO much rust i could put my hand in between the front panels and car body. everything is barely holding together. rear end is so saggy. Kinda of scary actually.

·
Registered
2013 MINI JCW, 2020 Bolt, 2002 Suburban 2500
19,121 Posts
so DD an aircooled vw and doing my own wrenching makes me a hipster? :what:
yeah, trying to determine from the pictures which of the cars are ironic enough to be considered hipster cars, or determining how driving said car (like a classic Scirocco) makes one a hipster.

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
yeah, trying to determine from the pictures which of the cars are ironic enough to be considered hipster cars, or determining how driving said car (like a classic Scirocco) makes one a hipster.
These cars are all in a "hipster" zone of my city; very high chance you won't see them most anywhere else (especially in the Midwest) parked on the street day and night, in Midwestern winters, in summer flooding, 24/7.

The area has almost no single-family homes, almost no garage parking behind the two-flats, high rents, higher crime rates than other areas, and tight, hard-to-find parking spaces. Don't forget horrible traffic congestion and a lot of auto thefts.

Your average DIY auto enthusiasts wouldn't chose to live in Logan Square/Avondale.

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
To the following two users (Maggiolone & Kid Hobo) plus any other one who share the Sacramento Blvd, I am sorry if i ever tossed my car at you, driving like a nut bag etc etc... It's a 1.8T nVaLse, can't help it. I'm sure plenty of Sacramento commuters hate me, i just want to get home.
Puh-Leeze... Sac is my 4 mile long drag strip. Go to work, go home... fast.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts