VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

I mean yeah my car get's good fuel economy.

526 Views 12 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  CARVER
College back and forth I average 27mph in an 11mile trip, I am at 220miles at half tank, I mean what a nice little vehicle I drive.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Re: I mean yeah my car get's good fuel economy. (Blitz16v)

I hear ya!
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
See less See more

This past weekend when I went home, on the way home I averaged 34.4 MPG (MFA reading, which is dead on), and at the absolute lowest point (when I started going faster than 75mph) I was getting 32.6. On the way back however, I was pushing really strong wind and got 28.6 the whole way. My car is a stock (except for K&N, lightened flywheel, and H&R Cup Kit) 2.0 16v.
~Pete

yeah, but that half tank thing is kind of deceptive. i get 200 out of the first half, and by another 100 miles of city driving i am in the red.
Re: I mean yeah my car get's good fuel economy. (EbraketurnGTI)

"yeah, but that half tank thing is kind of deceptive. i get 200 out of the first half, and by another 100 miles of city driving i am in the red. "
Same first half seems slower then speeds up, then when she starts nearing the red it slows down..it all balances out I think.
Re: I mean yeah my car get's good fuel economy. (cerksies)

quote:[HR][/HR]This past weekend when I went home, on the way home I averaged 34.4 MPG (MFA reading, which is dead on), and at the absolute lowest point (when I started going faster than 75mph) I was getting 32.6. On the way back however, I was pushing really strong wind and got 28.6 the whole way. My car is a stock (except for K&N, lightened flywheel, and H&R Cup Kit) 2.0 16v.
~Pete[HR][/HR]​
Man I think I am down like 5mpg. Damn I need to take this sucka into the shop for a tune up...
Re: I mean yeah my car get's good fuel economy. (Tarmac)

I find that my car is most effient at 3500-4500 rpms, what the hell do they call that combustion efficiency or something?

The best I've gotten is 37mpg in my jetta on the highway. Normally for around town with all my quick less-than 5 mile trips I take I get about 27-30.
Re: I mean yeah my car get's good fuel economy. (robgti)

30-32mpg avg, mainly freeway 50-70mph freeway driving with a fair amount of stop and go thrown in (this being Seattle, and all.
) If I really get on it, it'll drop into the mid-20's.
See less See more
Re: I mean yeah my car get's good fuel economy. (SeattleGLI)

quote:[HR][/HR]30-32mpg avg, mainly freeway 50-70mph freeway driving with a fair amount of stop and go thrown in (this being Seattle, and all.
) If I really get on it, it'll drop into the mid-20's. [HR][/HR]​
i need an o2 sensor... i get 220-250 miles to the TANK
See less See more
Re: I mean yeah my car get's good fuel economy. (ghostrider)

300-320 on average, 10-11gals.
Re: I mean yeah my car get's good fuel economy. (SeattleGLI)

That is about where I am too. 32mpg
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.