VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Considering this Coupe GT

Hey guys, returning to the vortex with a different name (and possibly a different car..)
My uncle may sell his baby (to me), which he bought new, an 85/86 (I can't tell from the pics) Audi Coupe GT in tornado red.
My first car was an Alpine White 88 Scirocco 16v that I loved and modified tastefully (over the years).. thinking about this GT is making me wish I had never sold it.
Thought I'd share some pics. It's extremely clean and extremely 80's. (the dust is from nearby chop-saw activity.. exhaust being replaced in the pics)

edit- Anyone know where I can get a set of 15x8 Ronal R8's in 4x108?

Modified by snsr at 10:16 PM 3-17-2008

· Registered
5,375 Posts
Re: Considering this Coupe GT (snsr)

If its for the Coupe GT, 4x108 wheels are needed. Check German ebay, they are quite rare in the US otherwise.

· Registered
1,334 Posts
Re: Considering this Coupe GT (NJRoadfan)

Looks like a nice car. One question. Are those small blocks of wood up front holding the car up? If so Id be wary of wrenching under there

· Registered
1,410 Posts
Re: Considering this Coupe GT (MikeHock)

Quote, originally posted by MikeHock »
Looks like a nice car. One question. Are those small blocks of wood up front holding the car up? If so Id be wary of wrenching under there

2nd that, sadly there's been more than 1 person from these forums who has been seriously injured or killed by their car falling on top of them, jackstands are cheap, use them!
BTW the CGTs are awesome cars! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.