VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

i must admit... I'm a little jealous

4K views 73 replies 40 participants last post by  VWteknik 
#1 ·
my friends built B16A now has the ability to spin up to 10k RPM
it's such and ungodly sound...
I'd give anything to spin up to 10k

#8 ·
Re: i must admit... I'm a little jealous (craig20v)

...i'd take 10000rpm in a light fast car over a slug of a vr6 or any golf anyday of the week. revving the crap out of an engine is tons of fun--if you want torque, drive a diesel.
bottom line: 10000rpm rules

#13 ·
Re: i must admit... I'm a little jealous (AndrewT)

Bunch of honda bashing ignoramuses ....
a built B16A makes for one of the funnest cars to drive (esp. in a CRX)
that bike doesn't have a whole lot of torque either does it????
Its pretty damn fast isnt it???
build a B16A in a crx with 10,000 rpm redline you will have a pretty damn fast crx.
it'll kick the ass out of most N/A Vr6s I know

#17 ·
Re: i must admit... I'm a little jealous (kingpinGTI)

My friend's GSR has a 9200 RPM redline with Toda Spec B cams. It is a blast to drive, no torque...but it doesn't need a lot to go fast. I don't care if the power doesn't come in until 5000 RPM...there is still another 4200 RPM to go. If you're racing, you'll never go below 5000 RPM anyways. Driving around the street is not a problem at all either.

#18 ·
Re: i must admit... I'm a little jealous (kevwithoutacorrado)

quote:[HR][/HR]that bike doesn't have a whole lot of torque either does it????
Its pretty damn fast isnt it???[HR][/HR]​
I could be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure the bike has a bit of a weight advantage over the civic

#19 ·
Re: i must admit... I'm a little jealous (Kierf - ¿§?)

I doubt that any of you guys badmouthing it have ever tried it. Essentially, you're saying that you hate internal combustion engines if the idea of revving to 10k+ rpms doesn't entice you just a little bit.
So what if it's not good for traffic or making torque at 3000 RPMS - it's not built for that, it's built to make you giggle like a little boy.

#20 ·
Re: i must admit... I'm a little jealous (kingpinGTI)

quote:[HR][/HR]my friends built B16A now has the ability to spin up to 10k RPM
it's such and ungodly sound...
I'd give anything to spin up to 10k[HR][/HR]​

you don't need to do forged piston or blueprinted engine but one thing to make the B16A to spin up to 10K rpm
it is - disconnect the Rev limiter !! i know some body did it b4, no problem as long as DO not spin at 10k RPM continuously for 2 minutes..... otherwise BOOM

[Modified by SailexGti.hk, 5:16 AM 2-8-2002]

#21 ·
Re: i must admit... I'm a little jealous (SailexGti.hk)

quote:[HR][/HR]you don't need to do forged piston or blueprinted engine but one thing to make the B16A to spin up to 10K rpm
it is - disconnect the Rev limiter !! i know some body did it b4, no problem as long as DO not spin at 10k RPM continuously for 2 minutes..... otherwise BOOM
[HR][/HR]​
My friend hasn't done anything to the bottom end of her (yes, her) engine...except a Type-R bottom end.
However, the stock bottom end can rev very high. All the work needs to be done in the head, such as new cams, valve springs, valves, retainers, etc + new ECU to rev high and rather reliably...

#22 ·
Re: i must admit... I'm a little jealous (Kierf - ¿§?)

this thread must have the cliched-honda-basher record!
It only took 1 reply to bring in the standard "no torque" argument!
Hooray for people that have no idea what they are talking about. Try it first, for the purpose it was meant for, ONLY THEN can you bash it.

#23 ·
Re: i must admit... I'm a little jealous (xMetal)

quote:[HR][/HR]this thread must have the cliched-honda-basher record!
It only took 1 reply to bring in the standard "no torque" argument!
Hooray for people that have no idea what they are talking about. Try it first, for the purpose it was meant for, ONLY THEN can you bash it.
[HR][/HR]​
People have a right to their opinions. You of course, coming in on the opposite side of the argument with your Type-R engine are unbiased. Try addressing the topic of the thread (i.e. a honda motor with a 10000rpm redline), insteading of attacking other opinions with yours.

#24 ·

I love the ability to rev out a ITR or any other Honda. Go sit in a B16a that has been stroked to 1.8L or even 2.0 and then tell me about torque. Let's see your Golf 2.0's keep up with that

Piney

#25 ·
Re: i must admit... I'm a little jealous (KonigGTI)

quote:[HR][/HR]People have a right to their opinions. You of course, coming in on the opposite side of the argument with your Type-R engine are unbiased. Try addressing the topic of the thread (i.e. a honda motor with a 10000rpm redline), insteading of attacking other opinions with yours.[HR][/HR]​
the first 7 replies to this topic had no other purpose than to apply baseless criticism. I hate that. They certainly weren't "addressing the topic". So what value did those people give to the thread? None. DId anyone provide even one fact to back up their "opinion"? No. Someone has to defend the initial poster.
Not a honda thread goes by on this board where the "no torque" phrase comes up by someone. Perhaps all the VW owners on this board but enjoy every VW thread saying "yeah, but VW's have crap-ass stock suspensions" EVERY SINGLE TIME.

#26 ·

quote:[HR][/HR]People have a right to their opinions. You of course, coming in on the opposite side of the argument with your Type-R engine are unbiased. Try addressing the topic of the thread (i.e. a honda motor with a 10000rpm redline), insteading of attacking other opinions with yours.
the first 7 replies to this topic had no other purpose than to apply baseless criticism. I hate that. They certainly weren't "addressing the topic". So what value did those people give to the thread? None. DId anyone provide even one fact to back up their "opinion"? No. Someone has to defend the initial poster.
Not a honda thread goes by on this board where the "no torque" phrase comes up by someone. Perhaps all the VW owners on this board but enjoy every VW thread saying "yeah, but VW's have crap-ass stock suspensions" EVERY SINGLE TIME.[HR][/HR]​
hey i always give respect to you honda ITR guys, ( as long as it is not riced out)
i used to own a 94 Gs-R. sold but remembered http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif hey our GS-R guys always jealous of you guys http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
always want all of the type-R parts as well as JDM stuff.
Since life is so short so i decided to change from japanese crowd to european crowd
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif at first i am not too respect VW.. kinda of a grown up cars, but i dunno why, the more i drive it the more i love it

so try to respect the another cars as well, VW may not be you cup of tea at first sight, but this is a car that could also make you smile everytime you drive with it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.