VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have th opportunity to buy either a rabbit (not sure of the year it has tan leather and its a gasonile 4 speed) and a 1st gen scirocco. the rabbit has a mint body but needs to be repainted. (was origonally tan and got spraypainted black) and the scirocco also has a mint body except for the bis ass sunroof someone poorly placed in there. they have crappy interior and all the glass is good. i fully intend to replace the origonal engine with a relatively new one and if i can find one get an old school turbo setup for it. i dont haqve pics right now, they are pretty over grown as it is. i had to bruch surf to get to them. i want anothehr rabbit but i have never had a scirocco and this is a 1st gen which are as we all know, quite hard to find. if someone could give me some direction here that would be great. also i am in louisiana. i am from Connecticut. and this is a friggin baron wasteland for VWs. it is awful. but like i said any advice will be greatly appreciated. thank you.

· Registered
14,225 Posts
Re: i need advice on a purchase (JCdubber)

Get them both, and then decide which car is the better one to get running.
Both the A1 series of Rabbit and Scirocco used the same engines, trannys, and suspension. Cheers, WWR.

· Registered
1,442 Posts

I think either one is going to be a fun car for you. It all comes down to preference. If you are going to put a new engine into whatever one you get, then the real question is which one do you see yourself in? Replacing parts will pretty much be the same (same chassis). I myself love my rabbit, but always want another scirocco (although mine is a scirocco2). They both seem to have good bodies which is a plus, so I would go through pic archives of both and see which you think looks better all "done nicely". Just my .02. Good luck....Jae

· Registered
3,410 Posts

I second getting the both of them. A parts car can prove very valuble...and you WILL discover interesting things about the both of them you didn't know until you're actually under the car working on it. One may look like the better choice beforehand, but you never know what you're in for until the real work begins. If you mess something up or find a piece that is failed its just so nice to be able to walk over to your other car that never really has to go anywhere and just take the stuff right off. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Banned
2,076 Posts
def buy both as stated above. when one starts growning on you, transfer all the best parts to the one you like, and you can sell a clean shell to someone else if the bodies are in that good a shape http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
i would go scirocco though, if you can only have one. its just a sexier car when modded in my eyes http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.