VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my brake pedal will slowly go to the floor if i hold it. it still stops good. what is causing this? i bled the brake system. it some air in it but it still does the same thing. i have to drive 116 mile to and from work, so i cant have iffy brakes.

Modified by Sparknock at 11:43 PM 9-26-2004

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: i need brake help!!! (Sparknock)

thats what i thought it was. i was hopping for some thing that i could fix tonight. sundays are just no good for my cars. that seens to be when every thing brakes!

·
Registered
6,018 Posts

You definitely have a slow leak. It could be a rear wheel cylinder leaking (if you have rear drums), or a front caliper leaking. Check for obvious fluid leaks at the wheels. If there's no wetness/leaking fluids at any of the wheels, then most likely your master cylinder is leaking into your brake booster.

·
Registered
2,282 Posts

I had the same thing happen to my gli, replaced the rar calipers, put on stainless lines and a new master. I you can pick up a new proportioning valve or take it out and fit lines, because on the gli when you blead the brakes you need to do it twice once w/ the switch forward and once w/ it back. MAJOR pain in the a$$.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.