VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
heres a lil bg info...i got into an accident
and the dude's bike (yamaha) got messed up. since my other accident last month
my dad doesnt wanna involve our insurance company if possible so we gotta try to keep the cost to fix the bike near our deductable.
anyway, the guy took his bike to cycle city and the estimate to fix it is $5k!!! so what im trying to say is there anyplace that could lighten the cost
i need some hookups badly

ps i suck at driving i hope i dont mess up the jetta

thanks for reading

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Re: i NEED help plz read! (European)

eehh... thinking back when i was riding... umm... procycle specializes in used parts and frankensteining stuff together and then just repaint... umm... soo..
procycle, estebans... dunno bout revtek? but find out what needs to replaced..
and what the hell did you do to the poor biker? R6 or R1
? parts on ebay and we put em back together.. save you half that...

·
Registered
852 Posts
Re: i NEED help plz read! (NEU-BUG)

5K to fix?? that would be totaled arleady, what the hell happened? and depends what happened to the bike. lets see, paint job would run you about 500, patrs, depending on what needs to be replaced can go from 1k to about 3k and labor....prolly another 1k at the most. hello back, i might know some guys that can get part and do the work, need more info first......

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: i NEED help plz read! (2bad)

it was an older yamaha. from what i can remember the handle bar was bent and the mirror was hanging a lil, the brake alignment was messed, the gauge pod was cracked, that shell thing on top was dented (idk o_O), and it was leaking fuel

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Re: i NEED help plz read! (scsi)

older? fzr ? yzf ? sounds like needs new clip-ons, fuel tank, speedo cluster, mirror, probably headpiece, headlights, blinkers, rotors... brakes all jacked so maybe new forks too and front rim,tire? .. if it's any older yamaha, 5k would buy him a super good conditioned used one. find out what model year milage and such...

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Re: i NEED help plz read! (scsi)

oh damn... wtf ?? i was thinking sportbike this whole time... yea.. dat is OLD... probably blue book only worth 3k or less .. might have to go to TLC motorcycles for parts then.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.