VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just went to put my winter tires on..stock LB's..
i have Vmaxx coils..
i used a set of 3mm spacers in the front and I think they are rubbing.. am i okay.. or do i need bigger? If it helps the helper springs are still on

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: I need help..quick (bluebora20v)

im not 100% sure.. thats why i posted to see if someone else had any experience with this situation... i do not have 5mm spacers readily available to me either so its not like i can just slap them on there

·
Registered
2,902 Posts

Quote, originally posted by bluebora20v »
If you THINK they are rubbing, then obviously it is NOT ok.

well im running no spacers... and i know im rubbing... so your better off than me...

·
Registered
807 Posts

If you THINK they are rubbing, then obviously it is NOT ok.

Hey! You! Common Sense!!! GTFO! These are the MKIV forums, we don't need your kind in here!

to the OP, check your tires and inside the wheel wells....if you have super smooth rubber on your tires, or shiny parts where there shouldn't be any, you are probably rubbing...

Modified by shortyjacobs at 2:58 PM 10-29-2007

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: I need help..quick (.Quagmire.)

i thought i heard a little squeel.. but my car makes a lot of noises anyway so thats out of the question...
would it make a difference if i raised the height?

·
Registered
31,463 Posts
Re: I need help..quick (shortyjacobs)

Quote, originally posted by shortyjacobs »

Hey! You! Common Sense!!! GTFO! These are the MKIV forums, we don't need your kind in here!

to the OP, check your tires and inside the wheel wells....if you have super smooth rubber on your tires, or shiny parts where there shouldn't be any, you are probably rubbing...

Modified by shortyjacobs at 2:58 PM 10-29-2007

You could also try to squeeze your hand behind the wheel at ride height and feel for any coil/tire contact.
If you ARE rubbing, then you need to do something about it.

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

You could also try to squeeze your hand behind the wheel at ride height and feel for any coil/tire contact.
If you ARE rubbing, then you need to do something about it.

i tried.. its pretty hard to get my hands in there.. if it is rubbing it is very very minimal i think.. if i have a class tonight how bad will it be to drive for awhile like this?

·
Registered
15,739 Posts
Re: I need help..quick (03one8T)

jack your car up and see if you can fit something thin between the coil and the tire. i wouldnt be driving around with the inside of my tire rubbing personally. now rubbing else where thats a different issue.

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Re: I need help..quick (audi666)

the tire pressure was a little low.. so i filled up the tires w/ a little extra pressure and they clear now http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
31,463 Posts

Quote, originally posted by 03one8T »
the tire pressure was a little low.. so i filled up the tires w/ a little extra pressure and they clear now http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

That seems counter intuitive though...I would think if your tires were low, you'd have more clearance.

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

well the tire almost folded over the rim w/ less pressure... w/ more it made it taller in a sense? I dont know but its not rubbing now so F it!

·
Registered
31,463 Posts

Quote, originally posted by 03one8T »
well the tire almost folded over the rim w/ less pressure... w/ more it made it taller in a sense? I dont know but its not rubbing now so F it!

How low were you?
Makes sense though.

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

no finger gap..almost tucked w/ the Long Beaches.. I have never measure.. i guess i should do that sometime...

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

I meant the tire pressure. haha.

around 20...
ahah

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

yyyeah.. i forgot the fact that these tires sat for a whole season...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts