VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright, i am looking to change out my stock 2.0L engine out of my 95 jetta and put in a different engine. my question to everyone here is... did they make a 1.8T for the A3 jetta? because if they do, then that would be my replacement. and also, i found about a month ago a website that sold rebuilt european engines that were tuned. If anyone knows what the place was, or knows something like it, please let me know. Thanks.

Andy

· Registered
1,873 Posts
Re: I need help regarding an engine switch (VW2dReAm4)

Quote, originally posted by VW2dReAm4 »
A3 never came w/ a 1.8t

correct... however it is very possible to swap a 1.8t 150 hp engine into your car relatively easily. however the labour is what's gonna cost the most. The easiest engine swap is a VR6 out of another A3/MK III car. That's what I'm doing as we speak. It's a VERY straight forward swap and far cheaper

· Registered
2,158 Posts
Re: I need help regarding an engine switch (neildorin)

Quote, originally posted by neildorin »

correct... however it is very possible to swap a 1.8t 150 hp engine into your car relatively easily. however the labour is what's gonna cost the most. The easiest engine swap is a VR6 out of another A3/MK III car. That's what I'm doing as we speak. It's a VERY straight forward swap and far cheaper

Not only that, but the 12v is faster than the 150hp 1.8T

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.