VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
4,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, i know this may not be the most urgent thing out there... but i remember about a year ago there was this guy on the vortex that made smileys (
, etc) out of those beads that you find at the hobby store. i have no artsy skills and i really liked the ones you made for me and would love to buy some more for the holiday season. they were a big hit!

yeah the ones i got from you before are now broken
except for the one in my car.
and if you're not on the vortex anymore, then can anyone else make them? does anyone even remember what im talking about? lol.
here's what im talking about:

and yeah, maybe it'd help if i took an actual picture of the thing... but i dont have my cam at the moment. thanks in advance!

· Registered
4,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
o and yes, i searched... but i remember the original title didn't have "smiley" or anything related to that in it. it was something along the lines of "what do you guys think?"
and searching for "what do you guys think" in archived mk4 forums doesn't exactly turn up anything specific...
and searching for "smiley, smilies, smileys" in post content doesn't either =\

keep this at the top!

· Registered
545 Posts
Re: i NEED help. Who makes these again? (oj1480)

dude, those things are so friggin easy to make. Just DIY.
just put the colored beads to the pegboard like plate then apply an iron to melt them together! done in 5 min. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
4,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: i NEED help. Who makes these again? (lilaznplugger)

Quote, originally posted by lilaznplugger »
dude, those things are so friggin easy to make. Just DIY.
just put the colored beads to the pegboard like plate then apply an iron to melt them together! done in 5 min. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

yeah you lost me there

· Registered
15,596 Posts
Re: (tim00jti)

Quote, originally posted by tim00jti »
there made from those bead things you iron that melt together.. search ebay you can get like 20000 of them for like $10 lol.
good call repeating whats been said 6 times. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
3,643 Posts
Re: (mkIVrflxsilver)

you can make them fairly easy....just takes some time. go to a store and buy those things that look like tiny tubes (about 1/4" tall and about the same Diameter) you have to use an iron on them for them to stick together.
I am sure you know what i am talking about....I am around little kids a lot so these are readily available to me

· Registered
1,209 Posts
Re: i NEED help. Who makes these again? (mkIVrflxsilver)

Step 1: Lay strip of duct tape upside down.
Step 2: Arrange beads on sticky side of tape.
Step 3: Lay a piece of wax paper over the beads so you don't **** your iron up.
Step 4: Iron them for a few seconds.
Step 5: Pull back paper and check to make sure they are all slightly melted together on top.
Step 6: Beer, of course
Step 7: Re-iron if neccesary.

· Registered
4,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Re: i NEED help. Who makes these again? (Chuckadian)

yeah, i tried that... just without the wax paper lol.
good thing i used the iron i use to wax my snowboards.
but really, its much more easier to buy em off of someone

1.) contact guy
2.) send money
3.) send address
4.) beer
5.) wait.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.