VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yeah, i know i can get a much better stereo that plays cds and all but right now i just want some music. my car is a completely stock 92 golf gl. when i got some work done, the radio was disconnected. i tried to enter the code i was given by the guy that sold it to me but it must be wrong.
whats the easiest way for me to get the stereo working again? im sick of humming to myself

·
Registered
7,206 Posts
Re: i need my stock stereo code... (modmon)

Call the dealer thats what I did and they gave me the code over the phone http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
Mk4 VR6, Mk2 16v, E30, P71, Accord DD
4,245 Posts
Re: i need my stock stereo code... (modmon)

call a VW dealer service department and hope that it is the radio that matches the VIN. Call around 11am, as that is when they will be least busy with other customers and more willing to take a minute to help a bruvuh out.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: i need my stock stereo code... (fopeano)

grrr... all the dealers ive called today have been real [email protected]$$es. the ones that were still open told me id have to bring the car in so that they could pull out the numbers and verify that the car stereo is mine. who in their right mind would steal a stock vw radio anyway??? geez... i think its a ploy to squeeze a greasy $45 out of me...

i wish i could find a place that would just send me the code over the phone. any suggestions? i dont have the time to run down to the dealer for all that junk.
oh yeah, i have all the serial#'s and vendor codes and model #'s of the radio. so if anyone has access to a database, please drop me a line.
thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts