VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i'm kinda in a rush cuz i gotta get this taken care of but to make a long story short i got a fron license plate fix it ticket on my 337 i really really don't wanna dril holes and i don't wanna use zip ties so i was gonna use a lil bit of velcro to get the plate onto the bumper and i was wondering if when i take the velcro off if it would peel off the paint?

· Registered
42,107 Posts
Re: I need somone to answer this question REAL FAST (dosnt_drive_a_honda)

I don't think it should if you are careful... maybe heating it with a blowdryer would make it easier to remove? Anyway, I don't know that velcro will hold it on anyway. It'll probably take some type of industrial strength velcro.

· Registered
27 Posts
Re: I need somone to answer this question REAL FAST (BRM10984)

I think that the Velco Tape should work well, I have used it to attach a little tool box inside of my socket set. Over time the adhesive gave up (maybe due to heat in my trunk) before the velco. For something relatively light, like a licence plate, I think it would work really well. The velcro is really stong if you don't skimp, the tool box I attached is about 10" long and I used two strips of velcro tape (3/4" wide) 8-9" inches long. the box has never fallen off the socket set, from the velco releasing. FYI the box is pretty heavy for its size, its full of extensions, u-joints, reducers, extra sockets....

· Registered
354 Posts
Re: I need somone to answer this question REAL FAST (jetta4life04)

Another option is to try to find the plastic velcro that they use for EZPass. The adhesive in it will last through the heat, because it's designed to mount the pass onto the windshield. If you get a few longer pieces, it should work. I would also suggest some kind of contingency system in case either the adhesive or the velcro gives way. That way you're not running over your own license plate and scratching the crap out of your car in the process.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.