VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I havent had my golf that long but its time for the modding to begin.
i ordered some Ate rotors from virtual world parts and some hawk brake pads from tire rack. i thought it would be the best time to paint my calipers and wanted to give my rotors a little more bling

there going on this

·
Banned
773 Posts
Re: I painted my calipers (P.O.B.)

Well you probabaly live with your parents.. and I know if I did that to my dad's grass he would kick my ass...
BTW nothing you have pictured are calipers.. and paint on the braking surface of the pad or rotor is a very bad idea...

·
Registered
7,250 Posts
Re: I painted my calipers (CountBlah.......)

lol. this is too funny.
And I thought grass painting was the next Feng Shui....

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Re: I painted my calipers (kreuzer)

anyone else think painting your rotors might be a bad idea? i'm pretty sure after a few brakes it will all burn off but what happens if the pads don't catch?
and are those brake pads or calipers you sprayed?

·
Registered
3,785 Posts
Re: I painted my calipers (mick_vain)

is it me or are you the most stupid moron i have ever read a thread by
painting your brake rotor surface has to be as bad as running around with scissors pointing at your face!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! get a clue and by some paint thinner and clean that up before you kill some one because your car wont stop
BTW i do not see any "calipers" in these pic's either!!!

Modified by 96gti3.1L at 10:11 PM 5-13-2004

·
Registered
25,009 Posts
Re: (OrionShadow)

what is it about the color white that makes you think you'll have more bling? I'm le confused as to why you would paint them, regardless of the bling factor

·
Registered
7,480 Posts
Re: (reynolds9000)

its not white its sliver

·
Registered
11,621 Posts
Re: (mick_vain)

Please clean those off or go get them milled- how are your brakes going to work with paint on the braking surface

·
Registered
7,318 Posts
Re: (mick_vain)

let's keep it constructive guys. everyone was a newbie at some time.
but ya, those are rotors. not calipers.
so don't paint them.
you must be a previous honda owner.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Re: I painted my calipers (P.O.B.)

Braking surfaces shall remain clean and clear of any foreign substances at all times. Rust doesnt count. Paint does.
Seriously dude, that was a bad idea, as the others in this thread have pointed out. Odds are that it will just rub/burn off the first few times you use the brakes, but I wouldn't chance it- take the paint off before you reinstall those, if you haven't already.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.