VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 98 jetta gt before i got it the other owner got into a accident with the car.. i got a great deal on the car itself... but i have noticed that when ever i go thru a pot hole(NYC) and i use my brakes there is a loud bang from the right side of the car(where the car was hit). i have looked underneath the car several times , i even change the right control arm with bushings, i've check every bolt and screw under there.. i dont see what would be wrong.. i even checked if my brakes were loose or something but thats not the case.. also i have changed my strut caps to bonrath ones and i changed the rubber housing... if anyone could help me out b/c its starting to get really annoying.. thanks

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Re: I really dont know whats wrong with this...... (sickvento)

well, since it was in an accident it could be body panels shifting when your turning or hitting a pot-hole.... i have had that happen to me before. where the body panels meet there is supposed to be tack welds that hold them together and in an accident those tacks can come loose and make the panels rub... when you hit those pot-holes and turn your whole chassis is flexing, thus the panels moving...
take care,
adam

1 - 4 of 4 Posts