VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is the story.
I put deposit on R32 since last Feb. and I also locked in 2.9% interest rate at the dealership that I put deposit on. On Feb 6, the car arrived with high mileage and damage on the body. I decide to cancel my order.
However, I found another R32 at different dealership and we negotiate the price. The problem is that the finance guy at this dealership does not know nor believe that VCI offered 2.9% interest rate for R32 in January. And he also said that there is no such thing like lock in the interest rate for 30 days.
I believe sombody post a letter from VCI(regarding the interest rate on R32) before. I'm not sure but, I think it was [email protected] VW. I spent quite some time to find that letter but couldn't find it. Anybody know where can I find it?
And anybody switch the dealership like I did and receive the 2.9% interest rate?
Please share your thoughts and experiences. Thank you.

·
Registered
18,555 Posts
Re: I really need a big help from fellow vortex member!! (Tarmac Pro)

I think you're probably out of luck.
I don't think Justin ever posted anything official from VCI. He just said that
he's made use of the 30 day lock many times in the past with no problems.
Either way, the 2.9% deal you had before was basically for a specific car.
The one that you turned down. I doubt you'll find anyone who
switched dealers and got the deal.
ian

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
Re: I really need a big help from fellow vortex member!! (Daemon42)

The same thing pretty much happened to me. Dealer number two wanted to give me the 2.9% even though I was approved for it by dealer number one. Problem was my original kaniving dealer one put me through as a GTI. The dealer I got the car from (2) said the 30 day quote does exist but they could not give it to me because dealer one screwed up. I ended up getting 3.4% from Chase which was good enough for me. Your dealer is not telling the truth. If your paperwork was filled out properly you should get the 2.9%.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: I really need a big help from fellow vortex member!! (peppeVR6)

Thanks guys for your thoughts..
The finance guy at the #2 dealership is really stubborn. After I told him about the 2.9% interest rate. His immediate response was"No way" and he also said that he doesn't care what other dealership said.
BTW, where does it show that R32 is include in the special interest rate promation in January?? Anybody know????

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

peppe vr6:
Can I use you as reference?
If it's okay with you then could you give me the name of the #2 dealer and the delaer/ finance manager that you dealt with?
Thanks..

·
Registered
2,887 Posts

dealer #2 is Gene Langan VW in Glastonbury, CT. Iryna (spelt that wrong but it is close enough) is the business manager there. She is very nice and actually searched to get me that 3.4% rate. She said that if dealer number one had put me through as a Golf then I would have gotten the 2.9% rate. Oh well what is a few more bucks a month.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: I really need a big help from fellow vortex member!! (peppeVR6)

Thanks peppe..
I hope I could convince the stubborn finance guy tomorrow.

·
Registered
197 Posts

I talked to a sales manager about getting the 2.9 locked, and (at least in CA) they cannot lock a rate on a car they don't have, and since most cars were delivered after the rate expired, it doesn't carry over, also, you would have to actually put you down on a car you've not seen. But the dealers don't want you to do that because if they assign you as the owner, and then you back out, they legally have to sell the brand new car as USED.
So good luck, I ended up also not getting the 500 cash back VW loyalty either bcause the R32 and the TDI's were excluded

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

I just called one of the dealer that advertise in this board and spoke with internet sales manager. Guess what..He has no idea about the 2.9% interest rate. I was very disappointed by his reply. I was expecting more from fellow vortex member..

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
Re: I really need a big help from fellow vortex member!! (jaegervwgti)

Quote, originally posted by jaegervwgti »
So good luck, I ended up also not getting the 500 cash back VW loyalty either bcause the R32 and the TDI's were excluded

·
Registered
9 Posts

The 2.9% Golf Rate from January never applied to the R32....period. The few dealers that wrote contracts at that rate from VCI will have the contracts bounced back. They will either have to get the client back in to resign at a higher rate, or pay VCI the difference in interest out of their Gross Profit. I too lock in customer rates for 30 days, but this only applies to vehicles that are available for sale during the month in question. The same thing happened in 2000 when Audi introduced the A8L. I used A8 residuals and it ended up costing us almost a $1000 dollars. I do not want to start a war, but this is the cold hard facts when it comes to VCI. Your local dealer has nothing to do with it. As well, R32 buyers CAN take advantage of the $500 Owner Appreciation coupon if they currently own ANY VW that is titled in their name.
Swervon

1 - 12 of 12 Posts