VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 240 Posts

·
Turtles walk slowly, but get angry fast!
2021 RS6 Avant, 2019 Audi eTron, 2010 A6 Avant, 2002 Chevy 2500, 1988 16v Scircco
10,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the eTron lease deal that I worked out for myself is quickly approaching the end of its term, so I have been on the hunt for a replacement car. Was all over the place, wanted a Sedan, wanted something a little sporty, wanted something that was cheap (under 450 a month) and wanted to buy it versus lease it. Sunday I found nearly a perfect C7.5 A6 that is running at the chutes tomorrow, and had placed a Proxy bid on. I was pretty excited, honestly, to get back into a C7.5 as, most of you know, I loved my old one

When I get into work today, I am told that we are about to be taking in a 2010 C6.5 A6 Avant....

So I guess I am buying it. 😂

Untitled by smooremin, on Flickr

It has some miles on it 126xxx but these 3 liter supercharged units have proven to be quite robust and it was dealer maintained for seemingly its entire life. It does have an accident on the car fax, but it was a rear impact, and did not cause any of the side airbags to deploy (which probably saved it from being totaled).

Its a pretty well optioned Prestige package car, with the only thing missing being the sport package, which would give better wheels, but that is something I can easily rectify.

C6.5A6avantbuildsheet by smooremin, on Flickr

This will be my second venture into to the C6.5 avant world as I had a white premium plus for about a year, 5 years ago. The biggest downside to that car was the transmission, but something that she will be able to deal with on a daily basis, as I probably wont be driving it that often.

So here is to another wagon in the household, and to another new car.... that makes this 5 this year 🥴🥴🥴😂😂😂

·
You can't look at my avatar for just a second, can
6,664 Posts
That looks like a nice trade in. I'd drive it in a heartbeat.(y)

Oh, and an APR tune and pulley is in order.

·
How do I resize a picture?
18,453 Posts
I love this.

I'll love it more with an APR tune. Those numbers are solid. Very nice buy man, well done.

·
Planters (fasciitis) peanuts. Dang dogg
19,543 Posts
Was all over the place, wanted a Sedan, wanted something a little sporty, wanted something that was cheap (under 450 a month)
Ok Mr Three Refrigerators. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

·
2021 RS6 Avant, 2019 Audi eTron, 2010 A6 Avant, 2002 Chevy 2500, 1988 16v Scircco
10,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What was it traded in on? Please say an A6 allroad.
It was. It was 😌. That I spec'd 😎. Always like when that happens. And quickly too, think we had the car for a week.

Drove the car home tonight, it drives great. Feels a bit of its age, but that's not to be unexpected. Having Alex @NeedingAnAudi look at it tomorrow to make sure there is nothing glaring. But it braked well, turned well, accelerated well and just overall felt good.

It is pretty crazy to think how far the tech has come in 10 years. But I should be able to do a couple workarounds for things like streaming BT and Sirus.

·
10,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well that's a nice looking, practical vehicle that shall provide many months of joy.

Sweet.
You dirty, dirty man 😂 👍

·
Registered
982, F22, E88, etc.
5,477 Posts
Ah nice. I love the C6 platform. It's got most of the Piech-detail-quality influence without being full V10 Touareg basket case. :cool:

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
I wanted to buy this car and it was a unicorn in S FL and I settled on my 2010 JSW TDi. Too bad audi never brought the a6 tdi avant over.

·
Registered
982, F22, E88, etc.
5,477 Posts
I wanted to buy this car and it was a unicorn in S FL and I settled on my 2010 JSW TDi. Too bad audi never brought the a6 tdi avant over.
Last time I was in Germany our reseller drove me around in exactly what you describe--C6 TDI Avant; it was even brown and MT. He couldn't understand why I was freaking out over it, to him it was just a nice but relatively normal European car. I'm like "Yeah, that's exactly it!" 😂

·
Registered
80 Caddy, 88 Cabby, 91 Jetta TDI, 15 GSW TDI, 19 Tiguan
24,363 Posts
Looks like a clean wagon. You'll probably have to make a career change if you want cars to stop finding you. 🧲

1 - 20 of 240 Posts