VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Suffice it to say, it was 'unique'.

The 'Hooters' hat tells the tale. I would have hoped there would be a 'Hoosier' hat in there instead:

After seeing the stereo, I wasn't a bit surprised to see the car sporting a set of Asanti wheels, as they are "...the most luxurious forged wheels on the market today."

·
Premium Member
1991 Civic Si
11,662 Posts
Re: I saw a replica Daytona Coupe yesterday evening. (Smindustries)

not totally in keeping with the concept of that car, but it looks like it'd be fun to drive still! (at least with the stereo turned down)
I wonder what one of these replicas would look like done up in an "undiscovered original" style- like, weathered competition paint, worn seats and sun-drenched carpet, 4 mis-matched tires on rims off an old LTD, etc etc..

·
Registered
2,322 Posts

If I were going to build a kit car, THIS would be my first choice. I love the Daytona Coupe, but I'd have to keep it old school, and find some wheels a bit more traditional. Lord, they are beautiful cars.

·
I could've been a contender.
41,106 Posts
Re: (evilnissan)

Quote, originally posted by evilnissan »
Urge to kill, rising...

that's my sig
bill

·
Registered
16,108 Posts

whats wrong with having a good performance car, and enjoy driving it with some music..
i mean it's not a geniune race car, and its not like it's a bloated pig... adding a few punch wouldn't hurt the fun...

·
Registered
5,660 Posts
Re: I saw a replica Daytona Coupe yesterday evening. (kyokoris)

Quote, originally posted by kyokoris »
whats wrong with having a good performance car, and enjoy driving it with some music..

Therein lies the problem- the engine provides the music. It's not like he's commuting to work and needs to hear the traffic report in this thing.

·
Registered
10,255 Posts
Re: I saw a replica Daytona Coupe yesterday evening. (Prelusion98)

Quote, originally posted by Prelusion98 »

Therein lies the problem- the engine provides the music. It's not like he's commuting to work and needs to hear the traffic report in this thing.

I'd definitely commute in a daytona replica, but I also wouldn't do the stereo or the wheels.

·
Registered
2016 Golf Sportwagen
4,180 Posts
Well, its not like he could convince anyone he's driving a REAL Daytona Coupe, so why not be unique and original.
I'm not a fan of huge stereos, but to each his own, and props to the clean install and build on the car. Nasty wheel choice.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.