VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In my daily business of repairing VAG cars,I get a LOT of bad ABS controllers.......I send them out to get rebuilt with a 5 year warranty.Is anybody else using the same service I am??(If you do,you KNOW who it is
) Basically these controllers cost $1300.00 NEW.I get these rebuilt for a LOT less........ http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
12,064 Posts
Re: (Theresias)

In the last 2.5yrs that I've been working on jetta's and passats, we've had 3 or 4 repaired. All passat's too. I think they are the bosch 5.3 versions(that seems to stuck in my head). They went in clusters and we haven't done one in a while.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Re: I see a LOT of bad ABS controllers!!! (VWAUDITECH)

Passats do have the problems with ABS modules... not often, but when a failed ABS module rolls into the shop, it will be a Passat.
We've been replacing just the electronic part, don't even have to crack open the brake lines.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Re: I see a LOT of bad ABS controllers!!! (VWAUDITECH)

I had one go bad on my 96 Jetta. It kept saying a right rear sensor was bad even though when I swapped sensors left to right...the fault code remained the same. I craked open the old controller and there is a some surface mount parts so resolder ing with a regular soldering iron would be very difficult.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.