VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
I could've been a contender.
41,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

my brother stopped by the house yesterday going home from providence, ri to charlotte, nc. he had in a 2003 nissan 350Z (same color as above) strapped to his butt.
it was a a touring edition w/ burnt orange leather seats, bose sound system w/ 6 disc in-dash changer.
ok...the thing looked mean. the rear end....eh, kinda ugly but to view it from the side...niiiiiccccee. the wheel flares were HUGE. so, you know i had to take it out on the road...
nice power...not a quick car but a fast one. i drove my brother's boxster before & the porsche was definately a rev-happy monster. the Z wasn't so much. the rear view is non-existent (could only see front bumpers of cars). the blind spots were HUGE! the noise from the tires at low speeds was deafening. the sound system was a little disappointing (being a bose and all). the seat bolsters weren't as gripping as i would have liked but then again, this was a touring edition. hehehe....space for any cargo was nil but it did have these nifty compartments right behind the seats.
what it did have was a WOW effect on people. at a gas station, we were cornered by a middle aged man who had 240Zs in the past & he was all over this car...asking us questions which i couldn't answer (my Z experiences were few & far between
). a new corvette was following us for awhile & at a stoplight, the guys were talking to us about the Z...once again, asking us about the car. we were driving down the road by the mall (lots of stoplights) when i hear the unmistakable sound of a fartcan exhaust coming up behind. a mitsu lancer (base model) pulled up & the girl in the passenger seat leaned out & yelled "WOW! NICE CAR!" i don't think her boyfriend was too happy about that b/c when the light changed, he took off (hehehe, lancer was an auto) & flipped us the bird. we just laughed.
funny...every stoplight we were at, someone was throwing us revs and they all were econocars w/ crappy exterior mods & the 500HP altezza lights. jeez...did they think we were really gonna "race" them? hahahahahahahahahaha.....
when we were next to a real sports car (the vette and an older porsche 911), the drivres would either wave or nod their heads. of course, they weren't young punk either.
everyday driver? i wouldn't choose one but if i had a choice (& money), i would get one for the weekends. still rather have a porsche though:D
bill
edit- forgot to mention the 6 sp transmission!! very notchy...not really smooth but a nice short shift.

Modified by jebglx at 9:51 AM 7-2-2003

·
Registered
16,949 Posts
Re: i spent the night with a 350Z and boy...is my @ss sore (jebglx)

I test drove one the otehr day. WHile it had plenty of power, and handled very well, I found it to be rather uninvolving. And the clutch absolutely sucked! I got back in my GTI and was amazed to find that it felt heavy (and well controlled) after the 350Z.

·
Registered
14,399 Posts
Re: i spent the night with a 350Z and boy...is my @ss sore (gtivr4)

That's cool that you got to drive the z but...what about the second part of your title...

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Re: i spent the night with a 350Z and boy...is my @ss sore (surefooted)

read the post... he said his brother came for the night... do I really need to continue?

·
Registered
29,995 Posts

LMAO I'm thinking your wife is going to hate your brother for causing your sudden mid-life crisis.... kinda sucks driving the MPV around now doesn't it?

·
41,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: i spent the night with a 350Z and boy...is my @ss sore (gtivr4)

Quote, originally posted by gtivr4 »
I test drove one the otehr day. WHile it had plenty of power, and handled very well, I found it to be rather uninvolving. And the clutch absolutely sucked!

HA! exactly what my brother said. he said it was a typical japanese car. nice but too refined!
and my @ss is sore b/c...well...
bill

·
41,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: i spent the night with a 350Z and boy...is my @ss sore (Silly_me)

Quote, originally posted by Silly_me »
LMAO I'm thinking your wife is going to hate your brother for causing your sudden mid-life crisis.... kinda sucks driving the MPV around now doesn't it?

hahaha!! he's a bastard...always pulling up to the house with real nice cars
! my neighbors think he's a drug dealer
!
bill

·
Registered
14,399 Posts

Quote, originally posted by jebglx »

and my @ss is sore b/c...well...
bill

And you lock other posts because of mature content...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts