VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
of the dreaded window regulator problem. Went to put my window up this morning and it made a nasty grinding sound and only went up 3 inchs. I had to push the up and down button several times before it finally went all the way up. So, how much longer do you think I have before it goes completely or is it already gone??

G

·
Re: I think I am the next victim... (alpine)

Well, mine did that for monthes on end. I had to tickle the button to get it to work.. like up a little down a little and it would go away sometimes. Man.. then one day.. it grinded bad and finally stopped. I think you should start looking for the parting outs in classifieds now though since it's bound to go. I just picked up a motor and regulator for about $140. Good luck homes.

·
Registered
15,575 Posts
Re: I think I am the next victim... (Majik6)

I would stop using it because at least it is up now. You do not want to be stuck with it down in the rain or something......

Sean

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Re: I think I am the next victim... (EuroStyle)

That does it. I'm gonna buy one of those window insulator kits (clear plastic and tape) and keep it in the car in case one of my power windows dies. No problems so far, but I'm getting scared....
<"I see dead windows">

·
Registered
151 Posts
Re: I think I am the next victim... (VolkSchnell-GTI)

quote:[HR][/HR]gti's with crank windows rock!
[HR][/HR]​
yes...they do...
but...
does anyone know if you can do a conversion to power windows?

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Re: I think I am the next victim... (snuffyboy3)

quote:[HR][/HR]...power to the Vws with Manual WINDOWS!!!
[HR][/HR]​
No doubt, my windows are powered....powered by me

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.