VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
7,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After putting some serious thought in to selling or junking my wagon I have decided to switch directions somewhat as far as the Fox goes. It's been off the road since January anyway. I've got a basicly good body with a perfect fresh motor. I'm not going to give away too many details yet, but I think I will do a somewhat detailed build up here on the tex starting pretty soon. Lets just say...utillitarian. (with a roof)

High will be the new low.
I've always loved the Lada Cossack!

·
Registered
205 Posts
Re: I think its time for a new direction for my wagon. (BillLeBob)

hmmm while i disagree with SUVs and high ride hieght i do like the super beater look. hehehe im myself considering full midnight blue doors on a gold car. I recommend a camoflogue fox. If the body is in not-so-good condition I recommend a cheap do-it-yourself job. After all you might want a utilitarian look. Make it in to your own kubelwagen if that floats your boat.
For the record tho i will say that my fox will always sport the clean look of the new fox, whilst outwardly conforming to the old fox super-beater look on the doors. I will remove the door trim- all of it to give a clean look. Also I'm continuing a bit of super-beater with common sense, the lower portion will have the newer foxes rock guarding which is flat black.
Back to you then.... If bling SUV is your thing and you've got the cash put some chrome on it. Ditch all door trim and have a gloss paint on it. If you don't have the cash and want to create balance between the two I'd highly recomend rock-gaurd and a nice clean paint job.
If your intention is towards ******* truck, (I seriously hope you wouldn't do that to a fox) lift it, take off the hub caps and let'r rust.
Please don't
It all depends on your philosophy. Write down likes and dislikes and customize your fox accordingly

·
Banned
7,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: I think its time for a new direction for my wagon. (Zyzzyan)

Don't worry, it wont be thefoxthtrox or what ever that stupid contraption was.
I was impressed with my old sedans ability to take silly grades, steep approach angle(for a car) and the alility to pull through deep ruts and mud that a reqular car would not make through. The wagon is a perfect canidate for somthing like this. No full on rally or 4x4 wanna be, but somthing really usable out in the country.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Re: I think its time for a new direction for my wagon. (jackfrost1031)

Quote, originally posted by jackfrost1031 »
i hate wheel covers, does that make me rednecky?
or do the junk cars in my yard to that sufficiently

Nah I lost the old wheel covers off my old fox "the midnight" (may she rest in peace-finally). And to this day- although she's going to be stripped and taken off my hands- she's on my driveway dimishing property values on the block.
peace

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Re: I think its time for a new direction for my wagon. (ss_midnight)

Quote, originally posted by ss_midnight »
.... Make it in to your own kubelwagen if that floats your boat.

No not the kubelwagen. It was the schwimmwagen that floated like a boat. It even had a power takeoff from the motor for the propeller in the back.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.