VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just realized the dealer may have screwed me on the stereo. I ordered a Jetta a while ago that just recently arrived. When I ordered, I was told that there was no in dash CD available from the factory yet, but could be added as a dealer option for $400. We negotiate off the invoice price for the car, and then I agree to pay the additional $400 for the in-dash CD player.
When I get delivery of my car, it has the single unit with CD (the new double din) which I assume was factory installed. Lucky me, the salesman tells me, it took so long for my car to come in that the CD came in the unit. It didn't occur to me that the dealer probably didn't pay anymore for this car with the CD than he would have for one without, but I gave him another $400. In fact, the window sticker MSRP is the same as previous.
Have I got a legitimate complaint? I could be chipped by now with that $400.

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
Re: I think the stealership may have cheated me? (Gozer)

Hmm, your car came with a standard CD player, and the dealer just pocketed an easy $400...
Sounds shady to me.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts

Tell 'em you want the credit in window regulators!

·
Registered
146 Posts

the vehicle would have cost the dealer more since it had the in dash cd player. maybe not $400 more, but more.

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Re: I think the stealership may have cheated me? (harley)

dont all the new 02s come with the double din ??
i know that anything b4 that didnt get jack.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: I think the stealership may have cheated me? (harley)

quote:[HR][/HR]the vehicle would have cost the dealer more since it had the in dash cd player. maybe not $400 more, but more.[HR][/HR]​
Not sure it did cost the dealership more, since the MSRP on the window sticker was the same on the delivered car as it was without the standard CD during negotiation. If the delivered car cost the dealer more, than VW would be squeezing them by not raising the MSRP, but increasing the invoice price, which I doubt they would do.

·
Registered
146 Posts

[/QUOTE]
Not sure it did cost the dealership more, since the MSRP on the window sticker was the same on the delivered car as it was without the standard CD during negotiation. If the delivered car cost the dealer more, than VW would be squeezing them by not raising the MSRP, but increasing the invoice price, which I doubt they would do.[/QUOTE]
you paid $400 more for the installation of a in dash cd player, but you got the double din cd. the double din would cost more than having no cd player. the question is how much does the double din cost compared to the cassete head. vwag does not add options (double din) and keep the price the same.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts