VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
12,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
exclamation point inside a triangle with a circular arrow around it? my gf got that this morning and i couldnt, off the top of my head, remember what it means. any help?

·
Banned
53,529 Posts
Re: i thought i knew my warning lamps (morecarsthanbrains)

On my Mk4, that is "Anti-Slip Regulation". Did she say it stayed on or just flashed when the system was active (wheels shipping). Or did she activate the shut off switch for the system? If on due to a fault, the ABS warning light should also be on.

Modified by GTINC at 5:52 AM 1-16-2009

·
Registered
12,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: i thought i knew my warning lamps (GTINC)

i thought it was traction control related. i never got that light in my prior mkvs so i was guessing. she said it was on and stayed on so i had her cycle the esp switch which didnt do anything so i then had her shut it off and then restart, which did nothing either. so its asr then?

·
Banned
53,529 Posts

Quote, originally posted by morecarsthanbrains »
so its asr then?

I would say so. Has she been moving the car is kept it stationary? If it is on without the ABS warning light too, I would not overreact to it. It is yellow right, not red?

·
Registered
12,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: i thought i knew my warning lamps (Nvr2Fst)

shes at work and im at work. she has a mkv and i used to have one but have an audi now. different books and neither available at the moment. its a yellow light and she was moving. i told her unless its a cel, temp or op lamp, just drive and make an appt with the dealer to have it checked out. i figured it was something traction control related but wasnt too sure.

Modified by morecarsthanbrains at 5:58 AM 1-16-2009

·
Registered
12,745 Posts
Do we not have something in the FAQ with the warning lamps? I'm going to grab my manual and scan those pages and post them here.
Sounds like the ASR/ESP light from the MKIV (or other older VWs) honestly. Did the 05.5 Jettas have the earlier warning lamp?

·
Banned
53,529 Posts
Re: i thought i knew my warning lamps (silverA4quattro)

Could be the e-brake is partially on if the icon is red, on a Canadian Mk5.

Modified by GTINC at 8:52 AM 1-16-2009

·
Registered
12,745 Posts
Re: i thought i knew my warning lamps (GTINC)

Quote, originally posted by GTINC »
Could be the e-brake is partially on if the icon is red, on a Mk5.

On US Market cars it would say "BRAKE" if this was the case. Plus if you drive with the ebrake on a warning chime will sound after a bit.

·
Registered
6,158 Posts

Quote, originally posted by morecarsthanbrains »
exclamation point inside a triangle with a circular arrow around it? my gf got that this morning and i couldnt, off the top of my head, remember what it means. any help?

That is the ASR light. It's the traction control system in MKIV's (I'm pretty sure MKV's have ESP now... but the ones that don't most likely still have the ASR system)

·
Registered
2,272 Posts

sounds like the ASR light. the one time i had that light come on and stay on in my MkIV, it ended up being a faulty MAF sensor...FWIW.

·
Registered
12,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: i thought i knew my warning lamps (nachtmusik)

ok, so i went back and checked with her. she described it again and it was the side profile of the tire and an exclamation point. its funny how a couple of hours and a cup of coffee will change what you see. its the tpms. this was the first truly cold morning, -4 wind chill, of the winter so im thinking that due to the cold, the air compressed in her tire tricking the computer into the light. when she gets home, ill check it again. thanks for everything.

·
Registered
12,745 Posts

Quote, originally posted by nachtmusik »
sounds like the ASR light. the one time i had that light come on and stay on in my MkIV, it ended up being a faulty MAF sensor...FWIW.

Is everyone missing the fact that the icon for ASR/ESP has changed for the MKV car? It's now a car icon with squiggly lines behind it. See my attached picture.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Re: i thought i knew my warning lamps (silverA4quattro)

Quote, originally posted by silverA4quattro »
Is everyone missing the fact that the icon for ASR/ESP has changed for the MKV car? It's now a car icon with squiggly lines behind it. See my attached picture.

i thought maybe his gf's car was a mkiv, otherwise she wouldn't be seeing such an icon.

·
Registered
841 Posts

Quote, originally posted by nachtmusik »

i thought maybe his gf's car was a mkiv, otherwise she wouldn't be seeing such an icon.

then why would he be posting in the MkV forums?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.