VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to buy or trade for a 75-81 Scirocco, doesn't have to be the prettiest thing in the world, but it needs to run. I'm not interested in a heavily modded out car or one with a salvage title or no title. I drive a black 1991 8V Gti almost bone stock and would trade outright for the right car, or if some money needs to exchange hands either way we can decide that when we check out each other's car. IM me or post if you are intersted. thanks http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Super Moderator
'20 R1250 GSA, '17 Alltrak SEL, '89 Tristar Syncro TDi, '80 Scirocco "S"
23,395 Posts
Re: I want a 75-81 Scirocco (webthread)

Check out a vortex user named Sam Lin who lives in Tucson... the Southwest FS thread has more details but here is a picture:

·
Registered
5,390 Posts

find me a Caddy that is in reasonable shape and I will trade you my clean titled 81 it ain't pritty, but it is solid (NO HOLES MA) shes got her narural rat look goin on. im me for pics and specs.
oh yeah it is in Canada eh

·
Registered
6,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: I want a 75-81 Scirocco (gamblinfool)

IM sent to gamblinfoolio http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
6,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: I want a 75-81 Scirocco (little red rocco)

I am getting close to having no car. I really want a MK1 scirocco and I have until Monday to get it before i have to drive to work on Tuesday. It was hard enough getting my wife's blessing for this and I am selling my A2 GTI tomorrow (unless the buyer is lying) and will have no car. If anybody has any ideas or know of shops in the SoCal area that might have one or at least a line on one, please let me know. Even old school VW mechanics would be a good place for me to start, I called a few today. In fact, I found one in North Hollywood that has an 86 rocco with a new engine and no tranny for cheap, let me know if you are interested and I can give you the name and # of the place. Anwyays, please let me know if you have any info, I don't want to get stuck with a rental car bill until I can find a mk1 rocco and i have to get to work on Tuesday. Thanks everybody. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
5,347 Posts

I met a Gal named Shasta @ the ND show last weekend, she is in the Great North West (Washington or Oregon) and she won 3rd in the A2 class for her GTI (I think I got that right).
She has too many cars to keep up with and is selling off the Mk1 Scirocco.
I'll try and get her info but she says it runs and has no great problems.
More to follow....
(looking for email adress she gave me....)
I found her entry in the show registry...
Car Entry: #138
Shasta L
VW Mk2- Golf
I dropped her a quick email and an invite to join the thread.

TBerk

Modified by TBerk at 12:38 AM 5-27-2004

1 - 16 of 16 Posts