VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to take off my "Jetta" and "VR6" emblem in the rear. How are they attached? How do I get them off? Will I need a paint touch-up?

·
Registered
5,757 Posts
Re: I want to debadge, but how? (02glx)

use dental floss and go from the back of the letters.... then to take off the sticky stuff i used my fingernail... but very carefully... then i used some clean up stuff to make it look shiny when it was off

·
Registered
3,383 Posts

Get a little fishing line or string or floss on the corners. Works like a charm. Remove any remaining glue with WD-40 or similar.

·
Registered
6,491 Posts

use a blow-dryer to heat up the badges.
take dental floss to remove the badges by slicing through the gummy thing and clean up with rubbing alcohol.
Voila!

·
Registered
821 Posts
Re: I want to debadge, but how? (nianmuzik)

Or do what I did... take a pair of pliers and just rip them off making sure that you don't scratch the paint job.

·
Registered
6,491 Posts
Re: I want to debadge, but how? (DiscoZ)

quote:[HR][/HR]Or do what I did... take a pair of pliers and just rip them off making sure that you don't scratch the paint job. [HR][/HR]​
If you rip it off, how can you be sure you won't damage the paint?

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: I want to debadge, but how? (silver4)

Thanks for the fast and direct answers. I think tommorrow will be the debadging. After that maybe some pictures of my baby.

·
Registered
33 Posts

just debadged last week. dont even bother to heat em up. it makes the adhesive stick even more to the car. just use some dental floss and saw your way through. when you are done, get your goo gone and just use it on each letter to keep them wet, while you debadge your other letters. then just get a clean terry cloth and wipe away, constantly wetting so that you dont ruin the finish. after you removed all the residue, apply some wax and then you are good to go.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: I want to debadge, but how? (hodes)

I'm getting excited. I hope this is a seasy as you all say. What, about 20 minutes for whole job?

·
Registered
14,713 Posts

1) Drive down a local road.
2) Wait for someone to pull out of a parking lot and hit your car.
3) Deliver to VW body shop for $6000 in repairs/labor.
4) When they respray the hatch, have them "accidentally" forget to stick on the badges.
5) Be sure to ask for the badges in case you want to put them back on the future.
Try it . . . it worked for me!

(Sorry if it's too early for the sarcasm. I got 4 hours of sleep and my coffee isn't producing the desired effect.)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.