VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Noticed that California's cars get a 7 year/80,000 mile emissions warranty(at least for the 2.8l engine) Meaning, your MAF sensor as well as catlytic converter are covered under this warranty. Why can't any other state get this type of coverage?? anyone know?? Just looking to see if anyone else knows the difference. thanx!

·
Registered
6,256 Posts
Re: I was reading through my car manual yesterday and..... (Vr6en)

Each state has its own laws and regulations to follow....
You can prob ask you congress rep for more details if you really wanted to, i dunno....lol

[Modified by 1.8TWolfsberg, 11:47 AM 8-8-2002]

·
Banned
4,290 Posts
Re: I was reading through my car manual yesterday and..... (Vr6en)

Because California has CARB - California Air Resources Board also known as the environmental nazi's that basically mandate the warranty coverage. They have the most strict air pollution laws in the USA.

·
Registered
22,720 Posts
Re: I was reading through my car manual yesterday and..... (BostonMk4)

yup yup, alot of NE states follow closely, like CT has some strict emissions. They don't care if your car has brakes or not, but if it runs good your golden.

·
Registered
S4, B8.5, M/T, Stg3
8,239 Posts
Re: I was reading through my car manual yesterday and..... (BostonMk4)

quote:[HR][/HR]Because California has CARB - California Air Resources Board also known as the environmental nazi's that basically mandate the warranty coverage. They have the most strict air pollution laws in the USA.[HR][/HR]​
That also why buying certain Model/Makes cars will cost you more to buy in CA vs. Other US States!

·
Premium Member
6,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: I was reading through my car manual yesterday and..... (ElectroMike)

Yeah, I can understand them costing a little more. I just think that we all should get the same warranty! we are in the same country!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts