VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
4,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just ripped off, lied to, and disrespected by vw parts in fleischmanns NY. i recommend anyone who needs parts to avoid this place.
they charge a huge premium over others, which i was happily willing to pay because they assured me i would get the right part on time. well, it wasn't here yesterday, it's not here today, and when i called, they said "hey, i can't account what someone here might have told you the other day. i can't say whether those parts would ship today, tomorrow, or next week for that matter."
AND the guy was a huge douchebag on the phone. as if he was too busy. well, it's 150bucks for a 50 part they won't get, and as much well-deserved bad publicity i can spread about these buttmongers. but my car is still in pieces and joe is getting anxious. ****** sellers suck, but it's one thing when it's a vortex schmo and another when it's a legit business that came highly recommended.
VW PARTS IN FLEISCHMANNS NY SUCKS DONKEY MEAT.
and i will be filing with the better business bureau as well. and just let them F with the billing or my credit card. just let them.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Re: i was ripped off/lied to by vw parts in fleischmanns NY (roadtripper)

WOW 150 dollars. You think they would have rolled the red carpet out for you. Bro let it go, parts guys are super busy sometimes and clearly someone made a mistake. Its not like they robbed you and it sounds like the parts still going to come. You gotta understand depending on the time you call the parts department may have been slammed with waiting customers in service that needed parts(probably worth a lot more then your part), as well as body shops calling, and/or a big ticket on hold while your freakin out about a 150 dollar part that is on its way.I understand your gripe but you don't know there situation.

·
Registered
3,072 Posts
if you NEED a part to be shipped that day, call before 1pm
if you need rush shipping, Pay for it!
if you must have that part, explain & confirm w/ agent that it MUST be sent that day or you will buy it elsewhere.
most venders will take 2-3 days to process. I personally like to process same day but its not always possible. Its best to confirm when its an emergency.
800 vw parts is a rep. biz, I hope it works out for ya

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Re: (CorradoMagic)

I got an upper engine harness for my Corrado from these guys. I called early in the day and the guy said he would have to pull it from the car before he can get it out to me. I had the part in my hand the next day.
Real cool guy and went out of his way to get one from a 93 distributor Corrado. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
I've bought from them before as well, also with no problems what so ever. Hopefully you get what you need soon.

·
Banned
4,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: (iAco)

no - you guys don't understand. i PAID the extra for speedy delivery. I WAITED patiently an extra day. NOW the dude there says MAYBE i'll send it today, MAYBE i'll send it next week, MAYBE i won't even find it. he didn't know when he's be able to get to it, and blamed it on the other guy that answered the phone that day, as if the guy was some numnutz that didn't work for the same company as him (for the record the guy who did take my order and helped me when i placed the order was helpful and cool).
the part's not coming is the point. i wouldn't be on here complaining about waiting an extra day for it. if that was the case, i'd be 10 threads deep the last month alone. it's because the guys are supposed to be reputable, charge a premium, and they aren't even going to the trouble of confirming if they even have the part in their hands or not four days after i confirmed that i'm so mad. http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

·
Registered
7,606 Posts
Re: i was ripped off/lied to by vw parts in fleischmanns NY (GermanFelgen)

Quote, originally posted by RatCityBowlers »
WOW 150 dollars. You think they would have rolled the red carpet out for you.

What difference does the price make? Good customer service shouldn't depend on how much money you are spending on one purchase. How are you going to get big orders when you can't even handle a small order with decency? If I am planning a big purchase I will always buy some small thing first to see how it goes with the company in question just to see.

·
Registered
3,798 Posts
Re: i was ripped off/lied to by vw parts in fleischmanns NY (a_riot)

Quote, originally posted by a_riot »

What difference does the price make? Good customer service shouldn't depend on how much money you are spending on one purchase. How are you going to get big orders when you can't even handle a small order with decency? If I am planning a big purchase I will always buy some small thing first to see how it goes with the company in question just to see.

http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
i wish most sellers have the same attitude like you.

a lot of sellers are only good during the transaction or after
getting your money. and when something happens like delays
etc.,, they are so poor at getting back to you. http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Re: i was ripped off/lied to by vw parts in fleischmanns NY (hotprop)

that sucks man.. good thing i live in CA
but i used to work at a boat shop.. in which the main parts guy would stress for the smallest things.. its a stressful job too.. sometiems its not their fault.. but atleast they should have the courtesy to update you as to whats going on with your order.. i'm sure that a small 5 min call to let you know that the part would be late would have gone a long way and you would not be here all mad..
good luck!

·
Registered
976 Posts
Re: i was ripped off/lied to by vw parts in fleischmanns NY (evildorito)

Sorry to hear about the bad luck.
Customer service is the key, even if it's a 99 cent part or $9000 part. The guy should have still be professional.
If you are still needing the part, like last week, I would call the credit card Company, and deny the charge, and definitely get your parts elsewhere.
Although, everytime I order parts, I have always gotten them, IF they were late, it was the shipping company and not the vendor. If the part was REALLY late I would call the vendor and ell them "Hey, my part didn't get here as promised, do you want to call the shipping company up and get the extra money back?" 9 imes out of 10 they would.
Calm heads tend to get a lot more done than hot heads. Believe me, I've had to really cool down and act calm a few times, even though I've wanted to reach through the phone and strangle the other person.
All I can suggest is one step at a time. Unfortunately, YOU are the one that chooses which steps to take.
Good luck in whatever you choose to do.

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Re: i was ripped off/lied to by vw parts in fleischmanns NY (YellowZonker)

i have have been buying from 1-800vwparts for ten+ years and have never had a problem nothing but good experiences here i hope you gen get it worked out http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
Re: i was ripped off/lied to by vw parts in fleischmanns NY (boosted corrado_91)

In the 4 years I did vw/audi parts at a dealer, I never once charged a customer extra to overnite a part. Whether it was before 1 or between 1-3 when you get the small surchage. We usually tried to help our customers, not leave a bad taste in there mouth so they don't come back.
I always figured we will make up the minimal cost elsewhere. I will say parts guys do have bad days too and people do drop the ball with an order it happens and it sucks. Vw sucks too, orders get shorted, mispicks, parts being backordered or cross shipped from other warehouses when your facing depot has the part there.

·
Registered
3,538 Posts

There is still no excuse for one employee saying he can't account for someone else in the dept. You just say I didn't take the order, let me get the person who helped you. Or I didn't take the order but let me see whats going on for you.
Its not that hard to have good customer service.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Re: i was ripped off/lied to by vw parts in fleischmanns NY (typeSLone)

Quote, originally posted by typeSLone »
There is still no excuse for one employee saying he can't account for someone else in the dept. You just say I didn't take the order, let me get the person who helped you. Or I didn't take the order but let me see whats going on for you.
Its not that hard to have good customer service.

100% agree with you. All it takes is for someone to say, 'there seems to be a misunderstanding, I'm sure it can be worked out, can I take your number and I'll find out what is happening and call you right back.' The last thing anyone wants to hear is 'it wasn't me that made those promises so it's not my problem it's yours.' Actually it makes my blood boil when that happens. Seems like most people have been getting good service from this place so maybe take it higher in the company, see what happens.

·
Banned
4,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: i was ripped off/lied to by vw parts in fleischmanns NY (Pixie_rado)

well, i just want to clarify that i am not sure if this is the same place as 1800vwparts. i don't want any stink on the wrong party. that is certainly not the phone # i called - it was an 845 area code number. 1800 vw parts may or may not be a different place than vw parts in fleischmanns ny. if anyone who knows for sure wants to clarify, that would be great. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
3,072 Posts
well, whats the number you called
in the area is also Euro Nutz, Cohens?, and a few other smallish places that mostly deal w/ used items.

·
Banned
4,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Re: (CorradoMagic)

it is called "vw parts." i stated the town and that it had an 845 area code, but i am not going to post the rest and give them a free ad.

if you have numbers for either of the places you called (euro nutz or cohens) please let me know as i still need these parts and i could use the tip.

·
Registered
8,316 Posts

Quote, originally posted by roadtripper »
buttmongers & SUCKS DONKEY MEAT.

i just like your style....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.