VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I woke up today, drove two of my kids to daycare, went home, and started working.

There wasn't much to do at work, so then I started to think about what we were going to replace the Q7 with after turn in.... And... OMG, our last payment is 12/15 and it gets turned in on 01/11/2023.... I should start looking around!

My wife has wanted a Yukon for a long time, a Denali trim, really, but she would be cool with an SLT if it were optioned right. She also doesn't really care about the 6.2L or 4x4, because she wouldn't be driving in snow anyways. Those two things right there meant we could save a bit of money.

We also just moved to northwest Arkansas so there are plenty of dealerships around, the place I went to today had roughly 1,100 cars in stock, one of them stuck out though. A fully loaded Yukon SLT 2WD, with captain second rows, rear entertainment, heated and cooled front seats, it's essentially a Denali without the 6.2L. It's also a one owner vehicle from Louisiana.

So that was that, my wife loved it, so I got started on the paperwork. The dealership was a peach to work with, we were good with the asking price, fit the market well so no reason to haggle with anything. Only thing I added was a warranty, as it'll definitely need a transmission at some point and likely some valvetrain work due to AFM issues. Also covers the suspension, etc.

Asking plus warranty got us to $32,900 - My wife wanted a payment of around $500 per month so I put some money down and got her there. The Q7 was a great car, and she's already commented on missing the speed, but overall very happy with all the extra space, she's been wanting something like this forever.

Now, onto photos:

At the dealership -

Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Car Land vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Cloud Land vehicle

Car Land vehicle Vehicle Window Automotive design

Car Vehicle Window Motor vehicle Automotive design

It has cavernous storage -

Hood Vehicle Automotive design Motor vehicle Gear shift

Purple Automotive lighting Entertainment Gas Motor vehicle

And here we are at home!

Wheel Automotive parking light Car Tire Vehicle

Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Automotive tail & brake light Automotive side marker light

Registered
2023 Subaru Outback
I like this gen. They're super clean and handsome. I think they'll age really well. Happy wife is bonus points too 馃憤 congrats!

Registered
Nice, these are the default for many areas of DFW. Back seats look barely used. They are made about a mile away from my house.

Does the prepandemic Audi have any positive equity? Can you sell it to CarMax (or trade it in on something for you)?

Registered
Nice vehicle! My wife wanted one of these five years ago... had found a nice new one for about $60K sticker (minus discounts back then) if I remember correctly (it was 4x4 being in Michigan, I don't recall what engine), ultimately back then I convinced her to get a ford explorer sport which has the 3.5L ecoboost, we still daily drive it and it's a lot of fun with that engine. She does once in a while bring up that she wants a larger vehicle, even though our two kids are already driving on their own... She keeps talking about getting a Grand Wagoneer as her replacement vehicle :ROFLMAO:

Registered
2009 BMW 328i, 2017 Acura MDX
My wife is so jealous right now, this is exactly the car she wants. Color combo, options, etc. And her damn Yankee husband put her in an MDX.

I鈥檓 a little curious what kind of mileage it鈥檒l get. These GM SUVs always seem to get better mileage than their size would suggest but still not 鈥済ood鈥 mileage.

Registered
2 WD in a Yukon?

I wasn't aware that was even an option. I guess it's my New England bias.
I call that the texas or florida standard.

SLT is the trim to have, imo. you have nearly all of the nice options of the denali, without the flash or the expensive fancy suspension bits and thirsty 6.2 (but dang the 6.2 sounds good). (y)

Registered
If you find someone with the right software you can disable AFM and set the transmission鈥檚 target TC slip to zero in the high gears and you will have yourself a rock solid vehicle. But since you already went for the warranty, maybe don鈥檛 mess with it :unsure:

Registered
Why did you state that it will definitely need a transmission at some point? That is one nice looking ride for sure. My wife would be really jealous.

Registered
Why did you state that it will definitely need a transmission at some point? That is one nice looking ride for sure. My wife would be really jealous.
He's probably just expecting this GM to do GM things.

What model year is this and how many miles? My curiosity is piqued by this being a 2WD. I know they exist, but I live where it snows, so I've never actually encountered one.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts