VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is something I'm thinking about doing... please give you're opinions on this and how well you think it'd look... if you have any pics of someone who's done this for real I'd love to see the pics!

ps. This isn't my car ... mines black ... but it was easier for me to p-shop this than it was the pic I had of my car.

Modified by ExtremeVR6 at 12:22 PM 2-16-2004

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: I wonder what you'll think... no side molding (vwsport20)

it's very stock ... I'm planning on getting either some longbeach, Brock B2's or some of these

I'm not very sure right now ... I hope to be getting a Deitrich RS type front bumper ... some FK Powerlook Headlights ... and then everything else will be under the hood and suspension kinda of mods...

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Re: I wonder what you'll think... no side molding (ExtremeVR6)

Not a fan, for the most part. It's really hard to pull off the no mouldings look. There are a few who do it well, but many who fail miserably. Unless you plan on shaving the line in both bumpers, don't even consider it.

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: I wonder what you'll think... no side molding (REON!)

how would you do that? That's been one of my hesitations... the bumpers are designed to flow inline with the moldings...
p.s. I'm kinda prod of my p-chop ... not to shabby if you ask me... but the removing the molding is EASY...

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Re: I wonder what you'll think... no side molding (ExtremeVR6)

Contrary to Vortex beliefs...I think it looks awesome. Go for the shaved moldings for sure

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: I wonder what you'll think... no side molding (Lil97GTI)

heh thanks ... right now I've pulled my moldings off due to them drooping on the ends ... and I've gotten to thinking about it real hard. ..
... what would shaved dorr handles look like on it? Come someone p-shop those on ...

Modified by ExtremeVR6 at 12:33 PM 2-16-2004

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: I wonder what you'll think... no side molding (chargedsix)

the question is without the molding? With the molding it looks friggin badazz too!!!

·
Registered
2002 EV
1,997 Posts
Re: I wonder what you'll think... no side molding (chargedsix)

Quote, originally posted by chargedsix »

I love this figgin car

ditto! ...though every time i see it i wish that the NA corner markers were deleted.

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: (NaturalMinima)

I'll get some pics of my car this afternoon and p-shop my car ... I'm trying to picture it black ... but my imagination is about like imagestation ...

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: I wonder what you'll think... no side molding (Aloha-boy)

seems to me like that's an issue of doing it correctly... I'd totally seek the advice of a professional when I plan on doing this and would get it done right and make sure that the whole side would be completely smoothed out!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts