VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Registered
3,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: (unreel)

more details:
Quote, originally posted by some traffic site »
SOUTHWEST CORNER (CLOSED DUE TO ACCIDENT) IN BOTH DIRECTIONS I-95 BETWEEN I-895 AND I-895 ....LARGE TANKER EXPLOSION W/ FIRE AND MULTI VEH ACC , I-95 CLOSED IN BOTH DIRECTIONS....NB DIVERTED AT RT 100 AND AT ALL EXITS SOUTH...(REPORTED BY MARYLAND STATE POLICE (WATERLOO))

it doesnt matter, both directions are closed

· Registered
18,974 Posts
Re: (mhskateboarder)

Quote, originally posted by mhskateboarder »
i'm in Laurel right off 95 which I usually take north to 32 but that definitely wont happen

You should be alright. If by chance I-95 is really blocked that far south, you can take 198 from Laurel to 32.

· Registered
359 Posts
Re: (bmorevdubb)

Quote, originally posted by bmorevdubb »
95 is tottaly shut down im watchin news now there was a giant fireball real tragic some people did not escape the falling truck
Yeah I'm watching tv right now, its pretty bad.

· Registered
3,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: (askibum02)

Quote, originally posted by askibum02 »

You should be alright. If by chance I-95 is really blocked that far south, you can take 198 from Laurel to 32.

that's the plan http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif i'm pretty much off 198 at the 95 exits. i should be ok but i'll play it safe.

· Registered
3,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Re: (bmorevdubb)

Quote, originally posted by bmorevdubb »
right now they are investegating as crime scene

and all alternate rtes heavy 29 rt1 diverting all traffic off 95 to 100

Modified by bmorevdubb at 4:56 PM 1-13-2004

theyre probably looking for some, if any, signs of terrorism

· Registered
8,848 Posts
Re: (mhskateboarder)

I work in Columbia off of Snowden River Parkway, and a guy in my office was outside when it happened and said he could see the fire from here. That's like 6 miles away. I have to drive to White Marsh, so I'll be staying at work for a while rather than sit in traffic for what will probably be 2 hours.

· Registered
3,088 Posts
Re: (fbox)

A friend of a friend works about 1.5-2 miles from there, he said the walls shook in his building.
Only 2 known deaths so far, hopefully there wont be more, atleast it wasn't during rush hour traffic.
From sunspot.net

Modified by white rabbit at 8:23 PM 1-13-2004

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.