VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
4 quarts of oil on the driveway :ticked:

Im changing my oil like a good boy.. nothing new, fill it up, start it up to check the level. turn the car off and walk to the front, slip on 4 quarts of oil that just got dumped outta the car!!! and the worst part is some girl drove past and honked right as i slipped.
SO MY QUESTION> I installed an oil cooler from an 8v GTi. There is an O-ring that fits between the oil filter and the oil cooler ( other than the one that comes with the filter) how do i get the O-ring to fit on the cooler while I spin the filter on.
(it must have went on crooked when i supn the filter on)
my dad is gonna poop a big one when he sees the stain.
dang

Modified by Coupe_88 at 10:29 PM 5-8-2003

·
Registered
256 Posts
Re: 4 quarts of oil on the driveway :ticked: (Coupe_88)

hehe... I did that my first week at work in the first shop I ever worked at... talk about embarassed...

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: 4 quarts of oil on the driveway :ticked: (VgolfW)

Yeah HAHA! the sorry part is that I change oil all day at work.
Any household items that could help clean the oil stain?

·
Registered
256 Posts
Re: 4 quarts of oil on the driveway :ticked: (Swollen)

just make sure it's not used kitty litter... get the new stuff http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Re: 4 quarts of oil on the driveway :ticked: (vduBen)

C-L-R came out with some new driveway-stain-removal stuff that I was going to pick up this weekend. If you want to try that, let us know how it works out!

·
Registered
18,646 Posts
Re: 4 quarts of oil on the driveway :ticked: (VgolfW)

Coke works well too... never tried Kitty Litter. Coke will take off ANYTHING imbedded in concrete.

·
Registered
880 Posts

Quote, originally posted by Coupe_88 »
and the worst part is some girl drove past and honked right as i slipped.

hahahhahahahhaha I am sorry the whole situation sucks but thats the funniest damn thing i have read on vortex in a week

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: 4 quarts of oil on the driveway :ticked: (NJInkBlue)

The girl that honked is really getting on my nerves, She drives a white Blazer and honks at me everytime I am outside and I dont know who it is
My mom is mad about the mess BWAHAHAH

·
Registered
256 Posts

Quote, originally posted by Coupe_88 »
The girl that honked is really getting on my nerves, She drives a white Blazer and honks at me everytime I am outside and I dont know who it is

I think it's obvious she digs you... so why complain?

·
Registered
1,457 Posts

there is an o-ring between the filter mount and the cooler. The o-ring between the cooler and the filter is the one on the filter itself, not an extra one like you state you installed. So you have filter mount->o-ring->cooler->oil filter. The oil probably shot out the gap between the extra o-ring and the filter o-ring because they are not lined up.

·
Registered
10,608 Posts

I did the same thing once except I left my oil in my neighbour's freshly paved asphalt driveway. In my case, the oil ring between the cooler and the oil filter mount failed.
BTW, there is just one seal, the one on the filter, between the oil filter and the cooler and another one between the filter and the mount. If you've got an extra seal between the filter and the cooler, you've put the cooler on upside down.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: 4 quarts of oil on the driveway :ticked: (ABA Scirocco)

Problem resolved. O-ring was bad.
the moral of the story. You can make up some funny profanities while performing this job.

·
Registered
3,182 Posts

Now that you've fixed the car...you need to follow the girl in the truck and start honking at her in her driveway.

Modified by Swollen at 5:33 PM 5-8-2003

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.